cant take off keeps fliping over and crashing

Reaction score
Despratly need to find out what is going on with my p2v that just will not fly. I thought I finely got my phantom vision that I have been trying to restore all ready to fly today and it just will not fly. at all . every time I try to take off it just flips up side down and crashes. tried about 20 times and it just will not take off with out flipping over. I even went and redid the imu calibration and have all the default gains set right and still keeps doing it. I even tried hand launching it 2 times and it just does a barrel roll and tumbles to the ground and makes like a lawn mower. Im about to just throw the frigging thing on the ground and stomp it to a million bits.

during my over haul the motors were not acting right so I replaced the escs and the motors still were acting weird and some times stuttering even after replacing the esc's so I even went and replaced all 4 motors They were t motors to no less.. and even replaced the wires to. and i also had to replace the gps . It seemed like every thing was all good to go when I bench tested it. The motors were seeming fine. So today after getting a new DJI battery I figured it was time to try and see how she flys and then kept getting the flipping tumbling bull crap and I am at my wits end as to what the heck it can be. only thing I did not replace on this was the naza and the main board and the compass. So for heavens sake does any one have a clue what the hell could be causing this thing not to fly with out wanting to turn its self up side down and crash?

I agree, the rotation of one or more of the motors is wrong. Verify the correct rotation of all 4 motors, there is a crossed wire someplace. That will definitely cause your issue.

I had the motors right. and that was on of the things i accidentally screwed up the first shot when I installed them one of them would spin the prop off of it.

But i just decided to do one more search and read all the posts about others fliping on take off and found some one that had a video of there flips that was exactly the same violent flip and not your normal just not taking off right due to not hitting the throttle right or not being on level ground. and bingo it had the solution. one of the plugs on the back side of the naza was upside down. So when it would start to tilt and want to correct its self it would actually speed up the motors on the opposite side then it needed to and causing it to flip even harder in the direction it was trying to compensate against.

I have no idea how the plug got flipped over being I never took any plugs out or the naza . and for all i know is it could of been that way from the last owner that it crashed on and he gave up trying to fix it. But I seen the post and pictures of how it was supped to be and it was flipped the wrong way so I flipped plug so it was then the right way, closed the shell and just took her out for one last try even tho it was past 1am ha ha and ******* that was the problem and she flys freaking awesome. Only problem is one of the back esc's was damaged during the last flip over and the led is off of it so i have a tail lite out. But I can live with that for now. and just happy the restoration from hell is finely done. Which is great cause It took a lot of my time and also cut in to my flying time on any of my other phantoms for the last month. But the phoenix has risen
and shes rock steady solid in the air. and even sounds bad *** with the t motors.

ya Electrical gremlins way suck and not as easy to see like when some thing mechanical is not right. But I am glad I found it when I did cause I was about to just deem the phantom cursed and kill it thinking it was maybe the naza controller being shot. But just was not going to bother buying one more part just to diagnose if the naza was the last problem or still some thing else in an endless loop. This thing had a lot of problems the whole way and keep hammering one thing down and finding one more thing wrong over and over. Even getting a battery was a night mare. First one arrived DOA and from a prick seller that pretty much said tuff luck when it was dead on arrival. another one I tried to get on of the clone battery's and that got poped in the mail and never arrived and then the 3rd try to get a battery I got one of the new DJIs and at the new lower price. and was all stoked to FINELY get to try and get some flight time in tonight after getting home. and then the freaking flipping thing had me almost ready to flip.

Now I'm going to go get some thing to eat and hit the hay and look forward to doing some real flying tomorrow. and test out the range on the RE700 extender for the camera.

Ya they did seem pretty agile. But also they have so much torque that the flipping thing was really violent. and a few wees ago when I was doing some testing with the top shell off and trying to stop the motors doing the 2 stick csc stop instead of just holding the left stick down. The motors would rev up for a split second before shutting off. But just the quick rev up would flip it hard and and when I tried holding on to it. the motors has so much torque and power in just that split second they would rev up they were pulling the arms up because the are not that stiff with the top of the shell off and would flex the entire body causing the battery to pop out body flexed. Thats when I knew them things really did have some power to them.

Even when i finally got it to take off last night even tho I never flew the vision with the stock motors to be able to really compare then to the T's it was nothing like my FC40 which I think are pretty much the same motors as the stock ones on the vision. But instead of it taking a second or two for the props to spin up to enough speed to get lift off when hitting the throttle all the way up. The t motors just went for idol to lift off almost instantly I dont even think I got to the full top of the stick before it was already air born which was pretty cool. being the vision heavier then the FC to. Tho I may swap the motors around at some point and put the ts in the FC40 being thats more my racer/stunt beater. But the vision I dont envision my self (pardon the pun) doing a lot of hard pushing the limits flying with that one like I do with the FC40 being the fc40 is not worth as much and not as worried about crashes or wanting to baby it like I would the vision were every crash that busts the camera would cost me about as much money as a whole new fC40.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20