Can't Shoot UAV Video of Our New Building Going Up

Reaction score
Major bummer. I was looking forward to taking aerial videos from my UAV as our new Supercuts building is being built. Turns out our building is in the infamous Disney no fly zone.

535.jpg

Reactions: espinozapablo1986
Remember. If it's not near an airport.and you are just looking at some app telling you that area is no good. And you live there. I would care less and video my neighborhood. Regardless what they so called goody too shoe people say. It's not a crime to fly. I don't mean to say be reckless. But to video your own store. Go for it.

WTH does a private entity (Disney) get their own NFZ? I understand an airport, but a friggin amusement park?? I declare my land a No Fly Zone as well. I don't want any pesky airplanes or helicopters flying over it.

I hear all of you loud and clear. :) For those who don't know about the Disney NFZ, it's a real sore spot with everyone in the aviation community.

The real kicker is they applied (and were granted) for an exemption for their own NFZ so they can fly a swarm of 300 drones for a light show.

Anyway, I'm not really a Boy Scout on most things, but it's not worth the risk for me. I may try using a tethered balloon. :)

Also, I *could* apply for an exemption, but they need 60 days notice. The outside stuff will be mostly done by then.

Reactions: espinozapablo1986

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan