Can't Seem to Update/Repair

Reaction score
I recently crashed my P3S, and afterwards it won't connect internet. It picks up the wifi signal but says "no internet connection".

I sent it back to DJI. They "fixed" and verified it was all flight tested. But I get it back and that doesn't seem to be the case.

It was saying it needed and update (firmware, software maybe). I followed the prompts and at 40% through the update it failed.

Now I turn the drone on and try to work with it. It just beeps at me very loudly, like a warning buzzer on ticking bomb. But it doesn't show any error messages or seem to do anything different.

How do I go about diagnosing the issue or redoing the update? Can I plug it into the computer and do anything?

I'm pretty irritated DJI sent it back like this, but maybe that's standard that they wouldn't run an update. I don't know.

I recently crashed my P3S, and afterwards it won't connect internet. It picks up the wifi signal but says "no internet connection".

I sent it back to DJI. They "fixed" and verified it was all flight tested. But I get it back and that doesn't seem to be the case.

It was saying it needed and update (firmware, software maybe). I followed the prompts and at 40% through the update it failed.

Now I turn the drone on and try to work with it. It just beeps at me very loudly, like a warning buzzer on ticking bomb. But it doesn't show any error messages or seem to do anything different.

How do I go about diagnosing the issue or redoing the update? Can I plug it into the computer and do anything?

I'm pretty irritated DJI sent it back like this, but maybe that's standard that they wouldn't run an update. I don't know.
Just having a read did u get phantom sorted,,,,have u tried linking process again

Just having a read did u get phantom sorted,,,,have u tried linking process again

Nah. How do I re-link. I was just reading through instructions and don't see stuff about linking. I did it all when I first bought it and all was fine.

It's odd. The camera connects, so I can see the camera footage via my phone, but it still says "no internet connection" and won't actually let me operate.

It's as if it maybe just needs a full reboot or something. I've been just trying to see what I can do with settings and prompts through the DJI GO app, but does plugging it into a computer make any difference?

IMG_0896.PNG

Ok it seems to be working now. I had to connect it to my other phone in order for it to prompt the firmware update again. It got to 40% and stalled, but after a minute or so it continued.

I had to put the dang thing in a big trash can with a lid outside to try and contain the obnoxious beeping. Did a few test flights and all seems up to snuff now.

Nah. How do I re-link. I was just reading through instructions and don't see stuff about linking. I did it all when I first bought it and all was fine.

It's odd. The camera connects, so I can see the camera footage via my phone, but it still says "no internet connection" and won't actually let me operate.

It's as if it maybe just needs a full reboot or something. I've been just trying to see what I can do with settings and prompts through the DJI GO app, but does plugging it into a computer make any difference?
Hi again um to relink control to aircraft go into your remote settings go to linking rc press ok and aircraft will start beeping and underneath drone is a small flashing button u press while it beeping and they should pair properly,,,,u need small object to press button,,,,,,,,,ps what up the snuff mean,,,

Yeh as to not conecting try enter phantom 12341234 which is wi fi conect password,,,,,,,,,,,hope me info help good luck

Errrmmm....sorry but your phone will say 'No internet connection' because your phantom isn't an internet router, it wont have any affect on the app.
I was about to say the same thing. Mine looks like that every time I connect to it because the app uses the Phantom WIFI to stream the video, not connect to the internet. That's what your cellular data is for. BTW if you are using a device that doesn't have cellular data then you can't get internet access (via wifi) while connected to the Phantom.

Ok it seems to be working now. I had to connect it to my other phone in order for it to prompt the firmware update again. It got to 40% and stalled, but after a minute or so it continued.

I had to put the dang thing in a big trash can with a lid outside to try and contain the obnoxious beeping. Did a few test flights and all seems up to snuff now.
My corection on wi fi password,,,,phantom xxx12341234

I was about to say the same thing. Mine looks like that every time I connect to it because the app uses the Phantom WIFI to stream the video, not connect to the internet. That's what your cellular data is for. BTW if you are using a device that doesn't have cellular data then you can't get internet access (via wifi) while connected to the Phantom.
Yip good advice,,,,some phantom 3 are a nightmare still got mine but steped up to phantom 4 ,lightbridge tecnology,,,,,,beautiful

Hi again um to relink control to aircraft go into your remote settings go to linking rc press ok and aircraft will start beeping and underneath drone is a small flashing button u press while it beeping and they should pair properly,,,,u need small object to press button,,,,,,,,,ps what up the snuff mean,,,

Oh sorry, that's redneck slang. "Up to snuff" means "up to expectations".

It doesn't seem I need to relink. Finally got the firmware to update and was able to successfully fly the drone again.

It doesn't seem I need to relink. Finally got the firmware to update and was able to successfully fly the drone again.
Must be a southern boy like me.

Good to hear happy flyin ,,,,no flyin here in wellington today we got 130kph winds,,,,

Good to hear happy flyin ,,,,no flyin here in wellington today we got 130kph winds,,,,
:eek: WOW.
We had some high winds here the other day. Gusts to about 65 MPH and been too windy to fly here today (about 15-20 MPH steady with higher gusts).

:eek: WOW.
We had some high winds here the other day. Gusts to about 65 MPH and been too windy to fly here today (about 15-20 MPH steady with higher gusts).
Yip this is a windy city :confused: phantoms handle wind ok just if something goes wrong up there return to home preset from factory is to slow and it get blown backwards while tryin to return,,nec minit gone,,,havent lost one yet but close,,phantom 4 good got lots power,had new top speed of 78,3 mph with slight tail wind,,,phantom 3 only 53mph,,,,,,,,happy safe flyin

I recently crashed my P3S, and afterwards it won't connect internet. It picks up the wifi signal but says "no internet connection"....I sent it back to DJI....
I hope that's not the only reason you sent it back. The P3S isn't supposed to connect to the internet. In other words, "no internet connection" is normal.

If you ever need to relink, the instructions are in the manual. I don't remember if they're in the Quick Start Guide (NOT the same thing as the manual - the manual has to be downloaded from the DJI website).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie