Can't roll back neither reinstall the FW

Reaction score
Trying to downgrade the firmware to see if that helps an ESC Error that i've been getting (never crashed) - I put 1.7 on SD card. Put it in the drone. Nothing happens.
It doesnt start the update.
I tried to REinstall 1.8. Same problem. Left it for 10 minutes. Never started to install.

What should i do?

What does your txt file shows?
Most likely update file is not correct like name....or you didn't copy at the root.

BUT ESC has nothing to do with FW update.

What does your txt file shows?
Most likely update file is not correct like name....or you didn't copy at the root.

BUT ESC has nothing to do with FW update.
It said that
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

I downloaded it from DJI website. And copied it to the root. Formatted SD card before all this.

Maybe has nothing to do with it, but still it is worth giving it a try i think at least to reinstall 1.8. Because i NEVER crashed, nothing has ever happened to AC and motors look fine. I had the bad gut feeling from the first day i installed 1.8. Maybe reinstall will help

Ok This message is for the FW when you want to upgrade back to 1.8 possibly. Whats the message when you use 1.7 FW?

Maybe has nothing to do with it, but still it is worth giving it a try i think at least to reinstall 1.8. Because i NEVER crashed, nothing has ever happened to AC and motors look fine. I had the bad gut feeling from the first day i installed 1.8. Maybe reinstall will help

You may be right but not likely the reason for ESC error.

Ok This message is for the FW when you want to upgrade back to 1.8 possibly. Whats the message when you use 1.7 FW?
Same message for both cases.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin

You have pro or adv?

Also, is RC switched off?

Clueless right now, let me reach home and try to downgrade my bird to 1.7

I think its impossible to downgrade. Read the release note. It doesnt mention it.
But what about reinstalling? (
Yes I had read about downgrading in release notes before upgrading to 1.8. I I'll think twice to upgrade if I'm not allowed to downgrade.

It won't allow reinstalling the same FW cause that if one forgets to leave bin file on SF card, it should not start the process again. It checks the battery FW too and if that's not upgraded, it does upgrade it.

If the center stick positions are not neutral, perhaps the firmware won't start up the motors.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
But he gets ESC error, an error that shows up when sensors detect over current.

I downgraded to 1.7 and then upgraded to 1.8 successfully.

Noticed that downgrade and then upgrade don't are faster. That means everything is not downgraded. Also date of downgrade is shown as 2014 and not 2016, see my text file below:

========== 2016.04.12 20:46:02 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Please investigate why you are unable to downgrade.

Same type of log with me. But update nevers starts. 2014 here also.
Tried to format SD card from the AC and then put the FW on it.
Still nothing.

Last edited:
Some guy on the phantom 3 standard / 4K forum managed to downgrade his bird. He held down on the graduation hat in the go app and then selected the firmware he wanted to install. (Make sure your bird is connected to the app obviously)

Give it a go maybe! No harm in trying ayy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31