Can't Record Video

Reaction score
The record button on the DJI app is not working. I am not sure what happened. Every time, I click the button, it just stays as a circle, instead of a square. I tried formatting the sd card, but this did not work. I am wondering if it has to do with the latest firmware upgrade. I have a Phantom 3 Standard. Any thoughts?

The record button on the DJI app is not working. I am not sure what happened. Every time, I click the button, it just stays as a circle, instead of a square. I tried formatting the sd card, but this did not work. I am wondering if it has to do with the latest firmware upgrade. I have a Phantom 3 Standard. Any thoughts?
I am having this problem on and off as well. It seems like it has been since the last Firmware update but that is only speculation. I don't usually notice it until I'm actually flying and it doesn't record or take pictures. Once I know that it's having an issue I'll bring it down and shut off the P3S, app and remote. Then I boot everything back up and test before I take off again and it usually works at that point.

Very odd, reinstall the APP?, save flights to cloud first if you want them saved.

so i decided to open up my remote controller again. I had just replaced the antenna because it broke off the motherboard. This was a very cheesy setup that DJI did for connecting the wires for the antenna. So next to the antenna connectors, I see a board that is sticking up a little off the main motherboard. So I push it down some, and find out that the connection between this piece and the motherboard had come loose. So come to find out that this was the piece that sends the wifi signal to the drone. I had been unable to see my wifi for the drone too, thus another reason to taken it apart. Don't ask me how it came loose, it's almost like it was assembled poorly. After pushing this piece down , I put the cover back on the remote controller. Turned on my drone and rc. I clicked on the record button, and presto it worked . I can now record video and take stills again. I am so glad that I took it apart, and did not send it to DJI. DJI customer support is horrible though. I was online with them for 2 hrs, just to get an RMA. I am glad I did not send it back though. Also, after 45 minutes online with customer support, they ask me "So can we help you with anything else?" I am like wtf, you have not helped me yet. To many chat windows open DJI. Just sad. Hopefully this helps people in the future. Reminder though, once you take the screws off the remote controller and open it up, you void your warranty. I did not see a sticker that broke the seal between the two pieces for the controller though.

Very strange that it seems to be a remote issue in your case. I'll have to look into that.
I was recording last night and it stopped about 2 minutes in and I had to bring it back and restart everything after which it worked, but I was thinking that maybe a camera connection was loose. Guess I'll check the RC too

Very strange that it seems to be a remote issue in your case. I'll have to look into that.
I was recording last night and it stopped about 2 minutes in and I had to bring it back and restart everything after which it worked, but I was thinking that maybe a camera connection was loose. Guess I'll check the RC too
It hard to believe your case is a remote issue. I think mine was just very odd. I may have dislodged it when i changed out the antenna.

Same thing happened to me. It would start recording, then stop. I reinstalled the app, now it works fine.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

so i decided to open up my remote controller again. I had just replaced the antenna because it broke off the motherboard. This was a very cheesy setup that DJI did for connecting the wires for the antenna. So next to the antenna connectors, I see a board that is sticking up a little off the main motherboard. So I push it down some, and find out that the connection between this piece and the motherboard had come loose. So come to find out that this was the piece that sends the wifi signal to the drone. I had been unable to see my wifi for the drone too, thus another reason to taken it apart. Don't ask me how it came loose, it's almost like it was assembled poorly. After pushing this piece down , I put the cover back on the remote controller. Turned on my drone and rc. I clicked on the record button, and presto it worked . I can now record video and take stills again. I am so glad that I took it apart, and did not send it to DJI. DJI customer support is horrible though. I was online with them for 2 hrs, just to get an RMA. I am glad I did not send it back though. Also, after 45 minutes online with customer support, they ask me "So can we help you with anything else?" I am like wtf, you have not helped me yet. To many chat windows open DJI. Just sad. Hopefully this helps people in the future. Reminder though, once you take the screws off the remote controller and open it up, you void your warranty. I did not see a sticker that broke the seal between the two pieces for the controller though.

I am having the same problem, i cant record or take picture, I cannot even change some setting in the camera. I had try formatting the memory card and it come up as on able to do so, Please watch this video attached and tell me if this problem is the same as the one u once had, Please note i did not pull my control.

I have had my P3 Pro for 1.5 years and suddenly when I tap the button to take a still picture or record video, it does not do those actions. All that seems to happen is the yellow image balance circle (what we normally use to point in order to adjust light balance in the frame) overlays the picture taking button. I reinstalled the app on my iPad but it still does not record or take still pictures. Any ideas? This is very frustrating!

I think it would be a bad SD card. For example, if there is no SD card, the APP won't let you take any picture. Try another card.

Reactions: Jaycee Deuce
@Jaycee Deuce
You been a member for a long time before making your first post, I had assumed that you have been a lurker. Since this thread is six months old, well maybe not?
So yes, try a different SD card if you haven't

Rod

@Jaycee Deuce
You been a member for a long time before making your first post, I had assumed that you have been a lurker. Since this thread is six months old, well maybe not?
So yes, try a different SD card if you haven't

Rod
Funny... I have only had a few situations and I have found the answers by searching first. Thanks!

Reactions: RodPad
Hello, i have my Phantom 3 Advanced foar a month and i have some strange problems:
problem no1, imposibile to update the drone,
problem no2, imposibile to take pictures or videos,
problem no3, the drone reads the sd card but a mesage apears when i try to format the card that the card can not be formated, the card works perfect in the pc, when i pull out the card the""No sd card"" message apears
problem no4, i acces the camera settings but dose not let me to change them
problem no5 i acces the fideo feed setings it is imposible to change to custom
problem no6, i get constant update message in DJI app, and Camera error 1 message and to contact DJI for repair

I want to mention that the gimbal is worging, the drone is flying perfectly. I tryed to relink the remote, i changed the usb cable, i tryed a difrent sd card, i tryed a force reinstal with the link button, i reinstaled the app, i disconected the gimball conections and conected again....no succes. Please help me with some ideeas.
Please help to solve this problem, i can not use my drone for video or pictures.
And want to know if the drone usb connector can be used to update the drone from the pc, i think this apoach can resolve this problems, or maybe the DJI teeam dose not release thise software?

Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl