can't recalibrate the IMU

Reaction score
No place in the app can I locate where to recalibrate the IMU....phantom 3 standard...any help would be appreciated....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks Steve for responding...i have watched the attachment several times...the problem is the app doesn't offer the "sensors" option...since it says it crucial to calibrate I'm concerned to try flight...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

OK. Sorry to hear your having such problems. I appreciate your frustration. I can only talk from a P4 point of view so hopefully someone will respond if it's different on the P3,

With your Phantom fully connected in the GO app you should be able to go to it by touching on the drone symbol in the top middle of screen, that takes you to the controller settings. Then go to advanced settings, then sensors. With IMU highlighted at the top you should then have the option to calibrate the IMU.

If that works take a look at this video as well. It's worth noting the level and temperature points

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Steve sorry for taking so long to respond.....I'm feeling a little stupid...I don't remember seeing the sensor setting in the advance........another quick question....is it standard to recalibrate the compass each time flying location changes....thanks for your input

Definitely don't want to recalibrate every time - DJI doesn't recommend it any more either. Get on good, careful calibration and then leave it alone unless you get a message or other indicating that ther is a problem. You're not actually navigating, so even changes in deviation that come with large changes in location (100 miles or more) won't really cause you any problems with the type of local flying we do.

In the upper right corner of the camera view hit the three dots then on the page that comes up, hit the drone that's at the upper left side of that page, look down to the 4th line and it says"sensors" hit that and the new page has what your looking for.

Hi, glad you got the IMU sorted. Never feel stupid - the menu layout isn't the easiest menu ever to navigate. As you can see from Richards reply there are strong views on compass calibration. The problem of recalibration every time is that if you happen to recalibrate where there is a magnetic field disturbance, you make matters worse. Therefore if your last flight in that location was OK, don't recalibrate, unless it advises, or your in a different lication.

I am having the same issue. When I go to the menu that should have the sensor button, its not there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1