Can't open recorded video from memory card

AAC

Reaction score
Early this morning I flew over beautiful harbor, two video files were recorded in the microSD card 5 minutes in between but one (512 MB size) is unable to open either by Windows Media Player or GOM player. It said the codec is not supported but the other MP4 file was OK to view. I never took them out between each recording this morning. I'm not good in video editing, please suggest mighty MP4 player software or how to fix the problem and get beautiful video back?
How to ensure video are recorded properly ? Help please.

AAC said:
Early this morning I flew over beautiful harbor, two video files were recorded in the microSD card 5 minutes in between but one (512 MB size) is unable to open either by Windows Media Player or GOM player. It said the codec is not supported but the other MP4 file was OK to view. I never took them out between each recording this morning. I'm not good in video editing, please suggest mighty MP4 player software or how to fix the problem and get beautiful video back?

If you shut down your Phantom before turning off the camera, it's very easy to get your video back. Place the SD card back into the camera, power on your transmitter then power on the Phantom for a short period of time. Remove the SD and have a look...

-slinger

As the previous answerer said, put your card back in your phantom, turn it one for about 60 seconds, turn it off, and see if your Phantom finalized your file so it will play.

Occasionally, it won't.... I had one file (of a crash, actually) where the battery flew out. I really wanted to video, not only the crash itself, but also what I was actually recording before the crash.

The software linked below, which is about $35 USD for 5 recoveries, or $120 for unlimited, did the trick and fixed the file. You can repair the first 50% of the file for free, before you purchase, to make sure it works for you.

http://grauonline.de/cms2/?page_id=5

Pay attention to the necessary parameters for the Phantom, which are on the website.

AAC said:

Another possibility. I was having the same problem when I would remove card and put in reader. If I simply plugged cord directly into Vision+, the problem didn't exist.

You guys rock.
Yes, I put it back, turned on PV2+ for a while, everything back.
Big thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31