Can't open ground station on android device

Reaction score
I have downloaded the app several times and I just can't get it to go into ground station. GS I
is selected in settings but when I slide to left on my Tablet I get a white screen momentarily then right back to the main menu page. What gives?

On my Apple devices the app will work but I just can't figure out how to set up missions without being connected to the phantom. I have seen demonstrations o. YouTube but I have to be connected.

JDNC said:
I have downloaded the app several times and I just can't get it to go into ground station. GS I
is selected in settings but when I slide to left on my Tablet I get a white screen momentarily then right back to the main menu page. What gives?

On my Apple devices the app will work but I just can't figure out how to set up missions without being connected to the phantom. I have seen demonstrations o. YouTube but I have to be connected.

All you have to do on an apple device is hit cancel when it says can't connect to phantom... Then move the map to the location you want... Set waypoints and save... Just checked on my iPad and it was working fine,..

Oh... You just tap the star towards the bottom of the app to save the route as a "favorite"

I don't have an option to cancel with my apple device and also have never seen the red star you and others have mentioned. I have downloaded the most recent app's for both the IOS and Android. The apple app will work in GS only if connected but the Android app will not allow GS regardless. I guess I can just use my apple devices and live with not being able to pre plan missions and not use the Android tablet I just purchased for this but what a PITA!

JDNC said:
I don't have an option to cancel with my apple device and also have never seen the red star you and others have mentioned. I have downloaded the most recent app's for both the IOS and Android. The apple app will work in GS only if connected but the Android app will not allow GS regardless. I guess I can just use my apple devices and live with not being able to pre plan missions and not use the Android tablet I just purchased for this but what a PITA!

What happens when you open the GS app on the iPad? Can you take a screen shot? It should start looking for the phantom immediately... Do you have BT turned on on ipad?

This may be totally wrong but I thought some where, some time, that I read that ground station and saving it would only work for Apple devices. Android devices could only use waypoints when connected and then fly.

JDNC said:
Another recent thread pointed out that if your device doesn't have GPS it can't work with groundstation because it can't establish the start point.

Have you tried first opening the Maps application before opening the DJI app?

4wd said:
JDNC said:
Another recent thread pointed out that if your device doesn't have GPS it can't work with groundstation because it can't establish the start point.

Yeah... I don't think that's right...

It would be true if you were trying to get a map without an Internet connection and without the phantom attached... But this guy is trying to preset a map from home... So I am assuming an Internet connection.

Once you're in the field, however' the GPS coordinates are provided by the connection to your phantom (if you have a cellular device it can also get GPS location from that... But not all iPads have cellular)... That's why the app first looks for your phantom...to establish its location.

Buckaye said:
JDNC said:

What happens when you open the GS app on the iPad? Can you take a screen shot? It should start looking for the phantom immediately... Do you have BT turned on on ipad?

On the iPad it will open and display a global map. I just can't figure out how to pre-plan a mission without being connected to the phantom. On the global map I CAC zoom in and pan, but there is no starting waypoint or plane icons. Also no red star at bottom of screen.

JDNC said:
Buckaye said:
JDNC said:

On the iPad it will open and display a global map. I just can't figure out how to pre-plan a mission without being connected to the phantom. On the global map I CAC zoom in and pan, but there is no starting waypoint or plane icons. Also no red star at bottom of screen.

Click on the multiple-way-point icon at the top and then place your starting point by touching the map - it should drop a waypoint.... I wish I could see your screen, because it's super easy and I'm wondering if you are seeing something different than I am.

Ok, today I decided to just connect to the phantom with my android tab. I first made sure I cached the map of the area I was in and then preceded to connect. The phantom set it's home point and the app displayed the camera view but when I attempted to enter GS it just returned to the menu page. My tablet is using google maps, I hope it doesn't need another map source.

Again I have no problem using my ipad except I can't save a mission.

I also had a problem with my android and ground station.

Before I was able to fly GS, when I would try to "swipe" the screen I would get a GPS mode unavailable message.

The solution? I didn't have the latest version of the .bin software loaded into my PV2 camera. I went back on the dji site and downloaded the software and put it on the micro sd card using a universal sd card reader. I put the sd card into the camera and turned the camera on. I know the software upgraded the camera because the .bin software was renamed with a name extension.

After this easy procedure I was able to get gps mode in my ground station screen.

oscar19 said:

Before I was able to fly GS, when I would try to "swipe" the screen I would get a GPS mode unavailable message.

The solution? I didn't have the latest version of the .bin software loaded into my PV2 camera. I went back on the dji site and downloaded the software and put it on the micro sd card using a universal sd card reader. I put the sd card into the camera and turned the camera on. I know the software upgraded the camera because the .bin software was renamed with a name extension.

After this easy procedure I was able to get gps mode in my ground station screen.

Over my head...bin software? Where on the dji site?

JDNC said:
oscar19 said:

NTW, I don't get a "no gps available" only a white glitch and then back to main menu.

JDNC said:
JDNC said:
oscar19 said:

NTW, I don't get a "no gps available" only a white glitch and then back to main menu.

My ground station error was it wouldn't run because it couldn't get gps mode. The firmware update I mentioned above fixed this issue.

I had responded the same way to another new user who had the same error you are getting of the app going directly back to the camera out of the GS screen. He took my suggestion and it fixed his problem. He and I both have android devices and this update seems to put android and the camera back in sync.

Try this suggestion. You can find how to update this here:
http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-re ... mera-fc200

And anyway, its good to ensure you have the most current firmware for your quad.

oscar19,

I have a vision+ v3, do you think it also may need this camera update?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj