Can't get maps to load on an iPad mini 4 with data!

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas on how to get maps to load on an iPad mini for that has data. My iPhone 6 loads fine but the iPad mini 4 won't load and I've tried everything!!??

Anybody have any ideas on how to get maps to load on an iPad mini for that has data. My iPhone 6 loads fine but the iPad mini 4 won't load and I've tried everything!!??
I had the exact same problem, and my solution was to delete the app off of the ipad. ....I believe the last update corrupted the maps portion of the app..... Then I closed all other apps, restarted the Ipad, and re-downloaded the app from the app store. Make sure to go back and check all your settings and such again as well.

First it makes no difference if 'Girly Pad' or Android .... Maps are cached through your HOME WiFi ....

Unless you want to disconnect from Phantom WiFi and then cache via data link in the field ...

It is not unusual for data link on iPad to interfere with app ... so I suggest ..

Cache your maps at home via WiFi ...

Enable flight mode and stop all comms to / from your pad ... and ONLY enable WiFi so your Phantom can connect.

Nigel

My maps are loaded through my iPad. It has data and connects to the internet where ever I am. I have never had this
problem before but I think I have it solved. I had deleted out the dji go app and reloaded it and it worked once but I didn't delete
it out and close down all my apps and restart the ipad. I did this on a suggestion in here and it seems to be working.

Thank you SWarren for the advice on deleting out the app and shutting down and restarting. That seems to have solved my problem. I had deleted out
and reloaded dji go but didn't restart. Thanks again.

First it makes no difference if 'Girly Pad' or Android .... Maps are cached through your HOME WiFi ....

Unless you want to disconnect from Phantom WiFi and then cache via data link in the field ...

It is not unusual for data link on iPad to interfere with app ... so I suggest ..

Cache your maps at home via WiFi ...

Enable flight mode and stop all comms to / from your pad ... and ONLY enable WiFi so your Phantom can connect.

Nigel

I do put my iPad in airplane mode and then restart wifi to fly. I only started doing this recently and usually flew with data on due to
the fact I knew I wasn't going to get a phone call on my ipad. I could get a text though but I never did while flying, however, I thought
I'd better start before it happened. I never had any problems being connected to the internet while flying. I tried to cache maps on my
home wifi and it wouldn't even do that. As SWarren said I think the dji go app got corrupted in this last upgrade. I had just upgraded to
the last FW. Thanks for the response.

Thank you SWarren for the advice on deleting out the app and shutting down and restarting. That seems to have solved my problem. I had deleted out
and reloaded dji go but didn't restart. Thanks again.
Not a problem.... I wasted about an hour in a prime flight location with the same issue. I finally gave up and just used my iphone that afternoon. Then when I got home I still had the issue. So i tinkered with it for another 30 mins and then I stumbled across the delete idea. At least I was able to get up the P3S in the air and snap a few incredibly clear pictures that day.

Attachments

• DJI_0121.jpg
    DJI_0121.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 334
Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Well I guess I spoke too soon. The problem seems to be back on my iPad mini 4. [emoji35][emoji37]

It appears this issue is also listed under the reviews in the Apple Store for the app.

Last edited:
Well yesterday's update of the DJI Go App, still did not fix it. [emoji35]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen