Can't get lens cover off!

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have a tip for unscrewing the lens cover from a P3A please? I've applied as much finger pressure as I can and it isn't budging. I have some pipe/mole grips that I've thought about using but I can see that method going terribly wrong!

Thanks
Phil

It actually takes very little pressure. I was convinced mine was stuck...as I couldn't remove it with my fingers no matter how hard I tried. Read a few threads that suggested just wrapping a rubber band around it..and using even pressure. Still unconvinced. But didn't have any rubber bands handy, so I grabbed one of those rubber garlic peelers I had handy in my kitchen (fits very conveniently over the end)... With very little pressure, it came right off.

I'd imagine rubber kitchen gloves, a rubber band, (or in my case a garlic peeler) would all work equally well.

Reactions: SnoozeDoggyDog
Ah, OK. Thanks. I'll give that a go ...

Thank you for replying.

Reactions: TAZ
It actually takes very little pressure. I was convinced mine was stuck...as I couldn't remove it with my fingers no matter how hard I tried. Read a few threads that suggested just wrapping a rubber band around it..and using even pressure. Still unconvinced. But didn't have any rubber bands handy, so I grabbed one of those rubber garlic peelers I had handy in my kitchen (fits very conveniently over the end)... With very little pressure, it came right off.

I'd imagine rubber kitchen gloves, a rubber band, (or in my case a garlic peeler) would all work equally well.
Worked a treat. I threw a rubber glove over the lens twisted and hey pesto! Off easy as you like. Less is certainly more. Brilliant. Double likes.

Thank you

Reactions: J.James
Hi,
Does anyone have a tip for unscrewing the lens cover from a P3A please? I've applied as much finger pressure as I can and it isn't budging. I have some pipe/mole grips that I've thought about using but I can see that method going terribly wrong!

Thanks
Phil
I use a latex glove - hospital type. Provides a great grip, with very little pressure

For anyone else having issues - I found curling my index finger underneath the barrel with my thumb at the top of the barrel helped, so that twisting pressure was applied over a wider surface area, leading to less bending and easier unscrewing :)

Yup. Definitely less pressure over a greater area works a treat.

Well... there ya go !! I couldn't get the **** thing off no matter how hard i tried. I jumped onto the forum and read this thread and headed for the kitchen to find the rubber gloves. It still wouldn't come off. The next trick was oxy acetylene and some stillsons !! I kept gradually spacing my fingers around it with the rubber glove and off it came. Awesome !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20