Can't get iosd mini to connect to PC

You screenshot are clear enough to tell what's wrong. Show me the iOSD and it's wiring of the can-bus and video please.

ok
You screenshot are clear enough to tell what's wrong. Show me the iOSD and it's wiring of the can-bus and video please.

cant upload videos for some reason
see a better pic
After seeing what little info from your screenshots the iOSD is working enough though the right side the telemetry needs to be adjusted. I noticed in your last screenshot that the red light isn't turning green and the blue light isn't flashing which indicates it is not connecting to the iOSD software. So once again I am going to ask which windows OS are you using on that laptop. If you're using the free version of windows 10 that software has been causing nothing but a problems for those trying to connect to the P2 line of quad software. The windows OS software that does work 7 and 8.1 but I have info on OS 8 which had it's own set of operating problems.

Now the only other problem could be the USB cable or USB connector on the IOSD itself which may not be making a good connection. So if you have another USB cable try it. Since DJI has no real interest in the P2 line of quads and that there hasn't been any updates on that piece of equipment all you need to do is make the right screen adjustment. Myself I installed mine inside the shell as in this photo so the only things on the bottom is the TX, gimbal and camera.
View attachment 48059 .

I am using the windows 8.1 have a laptop with windows 10 also that I tried. I used different usd cables so I think it's the actual iosd mini fault I am trying to get in contact with the dealer I bought it from to see if maybe they will send me a new one

Attachments

• 20160321_213938.jpg
    20160321_213938.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 345
ok

cant upload videos for some reason
see a better pic

I am using the windows 8.1 have a laptop with windows 10 also that I tried. I used different usd cables so I think it's the actual iosd mini fault I am trying to get in contact with the dealer I bought it from to see if maybe they will send me a new one

Use only the PC that has Windows 8.1 on it when working with all P2 software. My desktop runs Windows 7 and the tablet run 8.1 and everyone who jumped onto freebie Windows 10 have had nothing but problems and the latest update for Windows 10 was March 8, 2016. Whether this latest update will correct problems with running P2 software is up in the air at this time.

It very well could be that the iOSD is at fault and hopefully you can get a replacement from the dealer. In the mean time if haven't all ready try the PC with 8.1 OS on it and see if it will recognize the iOSD.

Last edited:
ok

So has the dealer agreed to replace you mini iOSD??

I dont think its the iosd i have the same problem. The iosd works great all telementry icons are on the screen and working i even test flew the drone the other day after hooking it up. The iosd wont connect to a pc with win 10 and win xp. Just will not even after connecting the drone to pc and installing drivers and iosd assistant.

I dont think its the iosd i have the same problem. The iosd works great all telementry icons are on the screen and working i even test flew the drone the other day after hooking it up. The iosd wont connect to a pc with win 10 and win xp. Just will not even after connecting the drone to pc and installing drivers and iosd assistant.

Why are you trying to connect the iOSD to your computer as there are no updates for it. Now if you are trying to adjust the right or left side of the the screen that's another thing and there's software for that. Use this link Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight and scroll down to other downloads then download iOSD assistant software v4.0. If windows 10 is still blocking it see if you can find someone who as either windows 7 or 8.1 both of those work. So if no adjustments are needed then forget about it.

Last edited:
I am trying to adjust the icons and not sure but the latest update for the iosd was 1.6 just wanted to che k to make sure is all. Besided it should work i know the software and drivers dont work in win 10 and win xp have a laptop with windows 7 will try it

Also the link u gave and on that page is the assistant software 4.1 and driver not the same as on the dji site for phantom 1 versions. Is there a difference. Also if i have the latest 1.6 update from a year ago or so the no fly zone icon will it work according to updated manual it will.

I am trying to adjust the icons and not sure but the latest update for the iosd was 1.6 just wanted to che k to make sure is all. Besided it should work i know the software and drivers dont work in win 10 and win xp have a laptop with windows 7 will try it

Also the link u gave and on that page is the assistant software 4.1 and driver not the same as on the dji site for phantom 1 versions. Is there a difference. Also if i have the latest 1.6 update from a year ago or so the no fly zone icon will it work according to updated manual it will.

The link I sent you for the mini iOSD assistant software v4.0 has not changed to v4.1 between the time I sent it to you.

Before I go any further with this discussion I would like to see photos of both front and rear of this Phantom you have. Reason for this request if this is a Phantom 1 it was not designed to use a mini iOSD nor does it use the same assistant software. Look I am not trying to be hard on you in any way but have been in this since March of 2014 and have iOSD installed on mine and know every well there are no updates. If adjustments need to be made to either left or right sides of the screen you need the software and those adjustments have to be made using the USB connection on the iOSD unit..

Jason, No worries, the IOSD is working very well, i have had the drone out flying once since installing the iosd and pmu and all the telementry icons are there and working, even the AZ icon which was not in the very first version of this software i beleive. I will get some pictures to you later, i am at work right now, but it is a Phantom 1.1.1 with the NAZA M V2 flight controller. If you say there are no updates since you got yours installed in 2014, thats all i need to know, i just thought it should work with the iosd, i just installed it on wed of this past week.

I have tried 2 pc's in the house one with win 10 and one with winxp no luck what so ever in getting them to connect i even tried 2 good micro usb cables still nothing. The Naza assistant works very well, just thought the iosd one shouldn't be that hard to get working. I will try our laptop later it has windows 9 i believe on it. Not sure maybe win 10 is too damm buggy and win xp is too old to support it

Also, just an FYI the version i downloaded on the dji site a few days ago says its version 4.1, but that could be just a typo error with them, but it does say that on the shortcut on my desktop and in the info within the program.

Hey jason what is up with the FS mode icon, i noticed when i turn off the controller the FS icon appears which i know means its in Fail Safe mode if it losed contact with the controller is will show FS, what about the go home display icon does it display when the drone is flying and you go into FS and it goes into go home and land mode? Also the no fly zone icon we are in one here in corunna ontario, which to me means nothing, i dont break any rules anyways. Should it not appear since i am in a no fly zone or is that for phantoms 2 and up? Also the control mode when i flick the switch from GPS to ATT it does appear on the screen shwing GPS and then ATT but no manual mode? what is up with that one. Just thought i would ask since you are very familiar with the mini iosd.

Hey jason what is up with the FS mode icon, i noticed when i turn off the controller the FS icon appears which i know means its in Fail Safe mode if it losed contact with the controller is will show FS, what about the go home display icon does it display when the drone is flying and you go into FS and it goes into go home and land mode? Also the no fly zone icon we are in one here in corunna ontario, which to me means nothing, i dont break any rules anyways. Should it not appear since i am in a no fly zone or is that for phantoms 2 and up? Also the control mode when i flick the switch from GPS to ATT it does appear on the screen shwing GPS and then ATT but no manual mode? what is up with that one. Just thought i would ask since you are very familiar with the mini iosd.

It depend on which mode you setup in the assistant software. In Phantom mode (basic) there is no ATTI in the center position of S1 no matter what is printed on the remote. If you switch over to the Naza-M mode S1 will then have GPS, ATTI and Failsafe (if you set it up in the software). There is also a second part to switching over over to Naza-M and that is IOC if you check the box and it activates S2 and you can also change the home point in flight with S2.

Return to home (RTH) and failsafe work the same way. In the battery tab there is a low battery level go home check box which I would suggest that it be unchecked as it is no more than a RTH. Problem I see with that is you could be under something when that is triggered and a possible costly repair. I am not an advocate of shutting off the remote to cause RTH that's what S1 is for. To answer your about manual mode you either set it up in the software to be failsafe or manual but not both under the Phantom mode. In the Naza-M there three setting ATTI, Failsafe and Manual but again you cannot have all three in S1 third position and failsafe is the better choice.

As for NFZ in Canada you would have to check the CAR regulations for an airport with and without a control tower. CAR restrictions on NFZ's may be close to what we have here in the states but it's best you check.

Ok that explains a lot thanks. I would think i am not going to worry about getting the assistant to hookup to my drone, all the icons are showing that is suppose to and working great, you know what they say, If it aint broken dont fix it. So i will leave things alone and enjoy the flying and on screen displays, i am mostly interested in distance from home point and height, and battery voltage any ways, and they work great.

As for the NFZ i was just curious if that icon shows up or not and i figure the compass error icon will only show if you have problems with the GPS compass and needs re calibrating.

Ok that explains a lot thanks. I would think i am not going to worry about getting the assistant to hookup to my drone, all the icons are showing that is suppose to and working great, you know what they say, If it aint broken dont fix it. So i will leave things alone and enjoy the flying and on screen displays, i am mostly interested in distance from home point and height, and battery voltage any ways, and they work great.

As for the NFZ i was just curious if that icon shows up or not and i figure the compass error icon will only show if you have problems with the GPS compass and needs re calibrating.

Well you should always check your batteries the day before or the day you to fly and also the IMU calibration at least once a month or after a mishap. So the assistant software is important as well as windows software that is compatible with that software so download all of that software onto your laptop if it has windows 7 or 8.1 OS. The three photos should give you an idea of what you need to look for.

Before charging
Barttery #2 before charging.jpg

After Charging
Barttery #2 after charging.jpg

IMU status
Tools Tab (IMU Cal).jpg

Jason thanks for the info, the assistant you are showing in the pics is for the phantom 2, i have the phantom 1.1.1, i dont think it will work with that assisant will it. Also i have given up trying to get the iosd assistant to work, i tried it on my laptop with windows 9 on it and still the same wont connect. I know there is no updates, but i am funny that way, if its suppose to connect and work there is some reason why its not.

I always check my batteries usually the nite before i check to make sure they are fully charged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl