Can't get iosd mini to connect to PC

Reaction score
I've got my iosd mini installed inside my phantom. I've downloaded the iosd assistant and plug in the USB to the iosd. I go to info tab and select firmware update and it says no device is connected. The phantom is powered up and the iosd mink is blinking green. My fpv screen shows a clear feed and the iosd mini info is on the screen, but it does not show how many satellites are connected or how far high the phantom is. But I'm just connecting in my house, haven't flown it yet with it hooked up.

I've tried 2 different pc's. And when I plug in the iosd to the PC, I hear a sound like something is being connected, so I don't think it's the cable (I've used same cable for phantom assistant and it works fine).

I've read that the PC driver needs to be installed along with the assistant, but I see no driver on the dji support page. What am I doing wrong?

Btw- I don't have the phantom assistant or rc assistant installed on either of these pc's. I have those installed on my Mac and am only installing the iosd assistant on a PC because it's not available for Mac. Don't think that should matter, but mentioning just in case.

Thanks.

Duh, Sorry! That worked like a charm! Updated and working perfectly. Thanks!

I was going to the support page and then down to iOSD Mini. The driver isn't listed on that page. And I never had to download it for any of the other assitants because those are on my mac.

Thanks again!

I understand your frustration. I Had the same issues back when I installed my setup. I would plug everything in and power up, then load iosd assistant software and it would not connect. Had the same flashing green on the iosd mini as well but the program would not show communication via the two lights in the lower left corner.

After some choice words and time I found this online.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/driver/DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer.exe

This is the USB driver installer from DJI. This must be installed first then run the iosd assistant and it will connect and recognize the iosd mini.
For extreme ease (sarcasm) it is not located on the download page for the iosd mini...however it is found on the download pages of the phantoms.
See here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

For what its worth...I had everything plugged in and powered on when I ran the driver installer, then once completed and it says install successful or whatever it says in the install window, I loaded the iosd assistant and presto it worked.

Hope this helps.

CJ31 said:
Duh, Sorry! That worked like a charm! Updated and working perfectly. Thanks!

I was going to the support page and then down to iOSD Mini. The driver isn't listed on that page. And I never had to download it for any of the other assitants because those are on my mac.

Thanks again!

No problem...I know it's not listed everywhere it should be.

i installed the dji win driver and its saying not needed No device for update found help!!!

installed the dji win driver installer but the software is still not recognising my iosd mini help!!!

i installed the dji win driver and its saying not needed No device for update found help!!!

If you have wired the mini iOSD as in the following diagram it should work if it isn't defective. The windows drive has nothing to do with the iOSD operation and if you are trying update the iOSD forget it as there are no updates available for it.

Now if you are are having problems with software not recognizing the P2 and RC controller and are using Windows 10 OS that could be the cause of the problems you are having and you wouldn't be alone.
Wiring diagram.jpg

If you have wired the mini iOSD as in the following diagram it should work if it isn't defective. The windows drive has nothing to do with the iOSD operation and if you are trying update the iOSD forget it as there are no updates available for it.

Now if you are are having problems with software not recognizing the P2 and RC controller and are using Windows 10 OS that could be the cause of the problems you are having and you wouldn't be alone.
View attachment 48018

I bought the plug and play connector with the iosd mini and immersionrc receiver.
Was told I need to to the firmware update to the iosd mini?
When I connect the phantom the assistant for the phantom works fine
Just the iosd assistant not recognising the iosd mini

I bought the plug and play connector with the iosd mini and immersionrc receiver.
Was told I need to to the firmware update to the iosd mini?
When I connect the phantom the assistant for the phantom works fine
Just the iosd assistant not recognising the iosd mini

There hasn't been an update for that equipment since it came on the market in December 31, 2013. You might need the software for the iOSD to adjust the left/right screen position so use this link. Just delete the white P4 when the download site comes up then scroll down OTHER DOWNLOADS and download iOSD Assistant Software v4.0 Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

There hasn't been an update for that equipment since it came on the market in December 31, 2013. You might need the software for the iOSD to adjust the left/right screen position so use this link. Just delete the white P4 when the download site comes up then scroll down OTHER DOWNLOADS and download iOSD Assistant Software v4.0 Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

i have done that but when i plug the iosd mini in to my laptop it makes a noise so i know its connected but the software is saying no device connected.

i have done that but when i plug the iosd mini in to my laptop it makes a noise so i know its connected but the software is saying no device connected.

Are you receiving the telemetry on your monitor screen?

Are you receiving the telemetry on your monitor screen?

when i open the phantom assistant my channel monitor where i use the remote it works fine.
i have the blackpearl monitor when i turn that on and my go pro i see everything good with height distance everything comes up on the blackpearl monitor

when i open the phantom assistant my channel monitor where i use the remote it works fine.
i have the blackpearl monitor when i turn that on and my go pro i see everything good with height distance everything comes up on the blackpearl monitor

I left a number on you PM call me if you're in the states as this typing back and forth takes to much time.

I left a number on you PM call me if you're in the states as this typing back and forth takes to much time.

sorry i am in the uk, see images below

thanks for your help

Attachments

• 20160321_180741.jpg
    20160321_180741.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 711
  • 20160321_180839.jpg
    20160321_180839.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 693

thanks for your help

Ok you telemetry on the monitor screen but the right side needs to be adjusted so all of it shows. So if you download the iOSD v4.0 software and unzipped the file you should have a blue ICON on your desktop just like the red ones for both P2 and controller. in that software there are two check boxes one left & right.so check the right box and the screen will shift ot the left. then go into the GoPro and shut off the OSD which will remove the GP info from the very top of your screen. Also forget about updating the iOSD no matter what you were told by the vendor.

Ok you telemetry on the monitor screen but the right side needs to be adjusted so all of it shows. So if you download the iOSD v4.0 software and unzipped the file you should have a blue ICON on your desktop just like the red ones for both P2 and controller. in that software there are two check boxes one left & right.so check the right box and the screen will shift ot the left. then go into the GoPro and shut off the OSD which will remove the GP info from the very top of your screen. Also forget about updating the iOSD no matter what you were told by the vendor.

see pic when i connect my iosd mini to laptop and open iosd assistant blue lights on the buttom not turning green saying its connected think its a faulty iosd mini not sure

Attachments

• 20160321_191031.jpg
    20160321_191031.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 572

thanks for your help

see pic when i connect my iosd mini to laptop and open iosd assistant blue lights on the buttom not turning green saying its connected think its a faulty iosd mini not sure

After seeing what little info from your screenshots the iOSD is working enough though the right side the telemetry needs to be adjusted. I noticed in your last screenshot that the red light isn't turning green and the blue light isn't flashing which indicates it is not connecting to the iOSD software. So once again I am going to ask which windows OS are you using on that laptop. If you're using the free version of windows 10 that software has been causing nothing but a problems for those trying to connect to the P2 line of quad software. The windows OS software that does work 7 and 8.1 but I have info on OS 8 which had it's own set of operating problems.

Now the only other problem could be the USB cable or USB connector on the IOSD itself which may not be making a good connection. So if you have another USB cable try it. Since DJI has no real interest in the P2 line of quads and that there hasn't been any updates on that piece of equipment all you need to do is make the right screen adjustment. Myself I installed mine inside the shell as in this photo so the only things on the bottom is the TX, gimbal and camera.
IMG_1551.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31