can't get into calibration mode anymore? Green- Red Red Red

• Thread starter Deleted member 8967
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8967

For some reason I can't get my phantom 2 to go into calibration mode anymore, flipping p2 toggle no longer gets me there no matter how many times i toggle it (far right toggle on controller).

My back lights also now flash Green- Red- Red - Red then repeat sequence. I'm not in NAZA-M mode, is that changing things?

Re: can't get into calibration mode anymore? Green- Red Red

First thing I would do is verify that your S1 switch is indeed working properly via the PT2 Assistant software.

I am not very familiar with the non-NAZA-M mode LEDs so I can't comment on that, but I can say that Green-Red-Red-Red in NAZA-M mode means it has <5 GPS satellites. Are you positive you are not in NAZA-M mode?

Also, are you receiving indicator lights or experiencing behavior that would indicate you need to calibrate the compass? I used to do this all the time but after speaking with some more knowledgeable members, it really isn't necessary unless the Phantom tells you to or you start having difficulty flying.

Not sure if any of this helps but good luck!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

sorry bout that finger dyslexia, i AM in naza-m mode, which i just switched to. i understand the lights now, but still not the calibration mode. i got it to go into calibration mode by it seems randomly flipping both toggles...

I can help you, then!

You're not flying while still seeing the Green-Red-Red-Red, are you? You definitely don't want to do that.

Power on, wait for Green-Red-Red-Red, Green-Red-Red, Green-Red and usually around the Green-Red you'll see your first rapid green flash indicating Course Lock is set, then once you have a steadily blinking green LED, you should see another rapid green flash indicating Home was locked in. After that, should you want to calibrate your compass, you should only need to flip your S1 switch 10 times or so, quite rapidly and be set. I don't think your S2 switch will do anything related to the compass at all, at least not that I've ever heard or read.

Let me know if you're still getting stuck with any red flashes and I can try to help you figure it out.

Cheers,

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Wait for the Phantom to finish acquiring sats and then do it. Only flip S1. Hard to describe the pace, but if you flip it 6 times in 4 seconds, you should get it.

ianwood said:
Wait for the Phantom to finish acquiring sats and then do it. Only flip S1. Hard to describe the pace, but if you flip it 6 times in 4 seconds, you should get it.

Exactly what I do - six times and roughly four seconds.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub