Can't get iMovie to recognize 2.7k mp4

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am a complete newbie to the Phantom. I shot some of my first flights and uploaded them directly to youtube where they correctly were recognized as 1440p.

However if I import them into iMovie 10.1.2, it is very unwavering in its belief that they are 1080p and nothing more. Is there something I am doing wrong, or an issue with iMovie or the P3S movie format? I am shooting 2.7k mp4, I haven't tried mov yet, maybe that's it?

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere, I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, I just found people that were able to view 4k in iMovie.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Cheers
Jonathan

I don't like IMovie. Too complex. I now simply download from my SIM card to my PC and use Movie Maker. Free on MS

Hi There,

I am a complete newbie to the Phantom. I shot some of my first flights and uploaded them directly to youtube where they correctly were recognized as 1440p.

However if I import them into iMovie 10.1.2, it is very unwavering in its belief that they are 1080p and nothing more. Is there something I am doing wrong, or an issue with iMovie or the P3S movie format? I am shooting 2.7k mp4, I haven't tried mov yet, maybe that's it?

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere, I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, I just found people that were able to view 4k in iMovie.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Cheers
Jonathan
After you export them you can change output into 2.7k

After exporting from imovie? How do you change the format to 2.7k?

Yes please, i would love to know how as well. i have been trying to figure this out since i got me P3A about a month ago. i did exactly the same as the OP. direct to youtube, no problem, import to iMovie and can only export at 1080p. I personally find i movie very easy to work with (i guess its just what you're used to). I have searched everywhere and found that iMovie does in fact do 4k import & export. You would think that means up to 4K but i did find 1 post on an apple forum that said it did 4k but not 2.7k. Trying to get a copy of Final Cut to try that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan