Can't get home lock to work

Reaction score
Hello guys, just as the title states - I can't seem to get home lock to work. I know how it's SUPPOSED to work, but its not.

I did the calibration, I wait for the green light to flash steady so I know GPS is enabled, and yes.. even activated everything in NAZA.

So, as a test - I shut off my controller. When I do that - it was flying away from me. So then, I switched it to HL on my controller - nothing. Then I read somewhere about switching it to HL and pulling back on the right lever - and the only thing that did was move the Phantom in reverse.

Am I missing something here? I would have assumed at the very least that by turning the controller off, it would have flown back to my home point - and not started to fly away.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

First, you have to understand that you're talking about two different things. It can get a bit confusing, and both deserve some consideration to use them effectively.

The first is Failsafe-Return to Home (RTH). If that is enabled in Naza Assistant ("Failsafe - Go Home and Landing"), then the Phantom will first ascend to 66ft height (IF it is under 66ft when failsafe is activated) and then fly back to home before landing. So if you activate failsafe on the ground or while hovering 5ft in the air, it'll take off and ascend first.

The second is home lock, which is a flight mode. It's best to read up on it in the manual; it doesn't do anything by itself, you have to fly it around with the sticks. Plus, it only works when you are more than 10m away from home point. If you are any closer, it switches into course lock mode (do read up on that as well, since you are bound to hit it using home lock). Pulling back on the right stick is the correct way to bring your Phantom back in home lock mode, but again it will only do so if you're farther than 10m away from home point.

is there a way to reprogram it to fly higher than 60ft on RTH? I am working around some spruce trees that are about 100ft high.

Photogd said:
is there a way to reprogram it to fly higher than 60ft on RTH? I am working around some spruce trees that are about 100ft high.

Get home lock.

Take off, and vertically ascend to 50ft height.

Reset a custom homepoint with the s2 switch.

It should now ascend to ~110ft above takeoff point and before flying back and slowly descending to the ground on RTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub