Cant get home lock or course lock to work

Reaction score
I have had several successful flights with my
Vision Plus. gps, and Fail Safe work great. However, i can not get Home Lock or Course Lock to work.
All i need to do is move the left hand s2 switch down two positions to the bottom position and pull back on the right hand joy stick, right? To get it to come back to me. Course lock position has no affect either.

What am i missing, or, what should have i done, or, what is wrong?

ok, you are right, I have not spent enough time reading the manual. I just read it, and think it is rather poorly written.

So DJI put a switch, on the left, the S2 switch, and it does not work, unless you hook up your controller to your computer with a USB cable and run your Assistant software to enable Naza-M mode? And only then will that switch work? Have I got it right? And once I put it in Naza M mode, if I want to take it out, I can not do so in the field, I have to hook it back up to my computer to take it out?

After I put it in Namz M mode, are there any downsides? Will I no longer be able to be in Ready to Fly (w/GPS) mode? I don't understand why they have set it up this way. The manual sure does a poor job of explaining why.

I wish someone would make an after-market user manual. People have done very well for themselves doing so with Nikon and Canon cameras. I always by the aftermarket manuals. Same thing for software manuals.

thanks for the replies.

Chris

There are hundreds of youtube instructional videos, I'm not being funny but you should watch a few hours of them before you start flying. Look up the pv2 non plus videos, 95% will relate to the plus. Check out colin guinn's videos and simon newton's video. Honestly I know they say its ready to fly out of the box but its very important you know exactly what your new bird can do or you'll be out of pocket very quickly.

lutece7 said:
ok, you are right, I have not spent enough time reading the manual. I just read it, and think it is rather poorly written.

So DJI put a switch, on the left, the S2 switch, and it does not work, unless you hook up your controller to your computer with a USB cable and run your Assistant software to enable Naza-M mode? And only then will that switch work? Have I got it right? And once I put it in Naza M mode, if I want to take it out, I can not do so in the field, I have to hook it back up to my computer to take it out?

After I put it in Namz M mode, are there any downsides? Will I no longer be able to be in Ready to Fly (w/GPS) mode? I don't understand why they have set it up this way. The manual sure does a poor job of explaining why.

I wish someone would make an after-market user manual. People have done very well for themselves doing so with Nikon and Canon cameras. I always by the aftermarket manuals. Same thing for software manuals.

thanks for the replies.

Chris

Like a Dji Phantom for Dummies book.. :D

I agree Chris. Aftermarket manuals are much better than the intruction material that comes with products.

lutece7 said:

thanks for the replies.

Chris

I hate it when you ask a question and all you get is "You should have read the manual". I read my manual thoroughly, twice. But it's not the same as someone explaining it to you.
The S1/S2 switches by default out of the box are set to GPS mode. I assume to assist novice pilots get up in the air safely with lower risk of crashing their $1300 machine. To enable the functions on the S1/S2 switches, you need to connect your Phantom to your PC/Laptop and using the assistant software, enable NAZA mode. I found this tutorial on YT that explains it thoroughly and simply... Worth checking out the two short videos.
Hope this helps Chris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695FLzWT_ko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iztbM8td62c

Phantom_Menace66 said:
I hate it when you ask a question and all you get is "You should have read the manual". I read my manual thoroughly, twice.

The guy asked a very basic question about how his toy worked. After he had flown it and couldn't figure out why it "wasn't working."

Then the same guy admitted that he hadn't read the manual.

That right there is the challenge that a manufacturer like DJI faces - lazy consumers who purchase a somewhat complicated flying weed whacker and who aren't interested in understanding how their toy works.

panhygrous pantler said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
I hate it when you ask a question and all you get is "You should have read the manual". I read my manual thoroughly, twice.

The guy asked a very basic question about how his toy worked. After he had flown it and couldn't figure out why it "wasn't working."

Then the same guy admitted that he hadn't read the manual.

That right there is the challenge that a manufacturer like DJI faces - lazy consumers who purchase a somewhat complicated flying weed whacker and who aren't interested in understanding how their toy works.

cut him some slack, have you ever heard the saying "if you dont have anything good to say, do say anything at all"?

The manual does not explain in detail how to enable Course Lock and Home Lock. I read the manual 15 times before I got my phantom and then I read the manual in the box a few times. I at first enabled Naza Mode (thanks to what people had said on here) While flying I was able to get atti and RTH to work without issue however the S2 Switch for some reason did nothing. After a few google search's I figured out that I needed to also enable ICU in the desktop software.

MikesTooLz said:
The manual does not explain in detail how to enable Course Lock and Home Lock. I read the manual 15 times before I got my phantom and then I read the manual in the box a few times. I at first enabled Naza Mode (thanks to what people had said on here) While flying I was able to get atti and RTH to work without issue however the S2 Switch for some reason did nothing. After a few google search's I figured out that I needed to also enable ICU in the desktop software.

There is so much wrong with your post (besides the funny ICU typo thingy).

The manual does explain in detail how to enable IOC.

Do you need me to post a screen shot to illustrate the error of your ways?

Really. This stuff shouldn't be so hard for people who can access the big ole scary internets.

panhygrous pantler said:
MikesTooLz said:

There is so much wrong with your post (besides the funny ICU typo thingy).

The manual does explain in detail how to enable IOC.

Do you need me to post a screen shot to illustrate the error of your ways?

Really. This stuff shouldn't be so hard for people who can access the big ole scary internets.

The manual mentions IOC 3 times while talking about Naza mode, all of witch make it sound like IOC is enabled with Naza mode not separately.

MikesTooLz said:
The manual mentions IOC 3 times while talking about Naza mode, all of witch[sic] make it sound like IOC is enabled with Naza mode not separately.

IOC is enabled only when you are running NAZA mode.

Why is this so difficult?

Attachments

• not_hard.JPG
    not_hard.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 355

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member