Can't Get Gimble To Work

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Phantom 2 V2 the controller has a thumbwheel in the upper left side and is the Phantom 2 Assistant V 3.8 when I Try to Calibrate X1 that is the one that moves it. The upper left hand toggle the one labeled (OFF-CL-HL) Moves the X2 Slidder thingy. The Gimble I am using is a flee bay and works flawlessly except when I move the X1 wheel upper left it Rolls the camera left right. I try to change the jumpers around on the Naza F1 F2 along with on the Gimble and nothing seems to get the pitch working. I have flown the quad several times before I decided to add a gimble and camera. And upon reading and reading I took the advise from what I have read and to Upgrade my Video Transmission to 5.8 ghz as not to BUCK UP my ride. I think I have all the correct software firmware and drivers, here are some screen shots of my software and firmware. Look them over please and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Bob

Oh one last thing, I see a separate Naza Assistant separate from the one in 3.8 is that helpful to have or is the one in 3.8 the one I should be using? THX

Well after reading and reading and testing I believe I have a bad Gimbal. The X1 Wheel is giving output because the gimbal rolls back and forth correctly and when I plugged back into the pitch input on the gimbal I caught it slightly move and stutter once. I have ordered a new gimbal and it will be here wends so I will give that a shot.

~Duke

Hi I recently purchased a P2 version 1 with the little rectangular hole at the under cartridge my problem is what is the best gimbal that would suited for this version 1 drone or mount for my go pro hero 3+ I love my drone and is more than likely to upgrade to a better one in the near future but for now I wanna be all I can be hi hi any info would be great fully appreciated thanks in advance .

Zenmuse H3-3D or H4-3D will work but you will have to dremel out the hole for motor. Or you van buy the mounting bracket and extended legs. Myself I would use the dremel tool. Then if you want to add FPV to the setup you'll need the following equipment. Mini iOSD (for telemetry), 5.8Ghz transmitter (for video), plug n play cable and a diversity monitor/receiver. Cost between $250-$350 a equipment prices vary from manufacture to manufacture. Couldn't find one in english.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oscar
Hi Jason thank you for responding I appreciate it I have been thinking about the gimble but for now I think I am just gonna get a mount that will at least get me some stable shots with the go pro hero 3+ silver them work my way up to a gimble and a fpv system any suggestion on a stable gopro mount otherwise from a gimble that would help thank you

Hi Jason thank you for responding I appreciate it I have been thinking about the gimble but for now I think I am just gonna get a mount that will at least get me some stable shots with the go pro hero 3+ silver them work my way up to a gimble and a fpv system any suggestion on a stable gopro mount otherwise from a gimble that would help thank you

You can do that Oscar but the drawback is that the video will not be stable. Right now a zenmuse H3-3 gimbal from B&H is 290.55 and they also have some used one for $199.95 the last time I looked. Myself I just bought one used for 249.95. Something to think about.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1042174-REG/dji_zenmuse_h3_3d_3_axis_gimbal.html

Ok great that's an ideah now let's say I get the gimbal new or used how hard or how easy is it to connect to the phantom now I have a pretty good knowledge when it comes to soldering and stuff a very little knowledge in electronics lol I am also a ham radio operator now is it plug and play or does it involve taking the drone apart and attaching wires and stuff

Four screws and no soldering needed. Of course you still have dremel out the hole and cleanup the mess. Do you have same skills with dremel tool as you have with a solder iron? Yes I'm old smart ***.

I forgot to mention the gray 8 pin connector to plug into the gimbal.

Lol Jason yes I think I could manage to use the Dremel thank you for your help now I am thinking about getting a gimbal then a fpv system I wanna get some more flight time under my belt so to speak lol what do you think about carbon fiber props ? Do you think it adds any advantage over the common stock props ? And what type of quad system you using

Is it this cable that comes supplied with the drone ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 397
Don't waste you money. Dji has two props you can the stock ones that came with your P2 9443 or the newer ones 9450 they a bit stiffer for lifting more weight.

For FPV system you would need mini iOSD (for telemetry), 5.8Ghz transmitter (for video), plug n play cable and a diversity monitor/receiver. Cost between $250-$350. All the equipment I'm using is listed in red. Is it better than what others are using that a matter of opinion.

Yes that's the cable that will connect to the gimbal.

And can you please explain what are these on the legs of the drone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 359
And can you please explain what are these on the legs of the drone

That is the can-bus connector used by the mini iOSD. Here's a photo of mine installed inside the shell.
IMG_1551.jpg

The other one on the back leg is the compass.

If you order the 9450's do not mix them with the 9443's. You will not like the results.

Ok thank you for that vital info good to know I should mix the props I won't thanks a lot my friend you have helped a great deal there is still so much to learn but in time I just realize that a hex screw is missing near to one of the rotor arm not one of the rotor screws but one that holds the body together gonna have to order some spare hex crews as well

When you get the time what are you take on the smart battery I only have one at the moment any advice on handling , charging , discharging for a longer life battery ?

Reactions: jason
When you get the time what are you take on the smart battery I only have one at the moment any advice on handling , charging , discharging for a longer life battery ?

I have always used OEM batteries but I may just order a couple of the 5400mah $99.99 batteries from Limefuel.com when I need new ones. They also sell 6000mah batteries as well but you have to pre-order them through amazon at $125.00ea. Right now I have five two of which are 14 months old the others are 10 months old. So i'm still set for a while.

Well it's quart to 1:00 here and it's been a long day so it is time to call it a day and state again 6 hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers