Can't Format SD Card

Reaction score
I bought a SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC card and I'm unable to format it using the vision app. It says "Format Failed". And ideas how I can get this card to format for use with this camera?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

The card might have a lock on it,
Might be a little slide lever on side of SD CARD!
( keeps you from accidentally erasing footage )

Hope this helps!
Keep us informed!

Take care, fly safe!

It also could be defective, even if brand new. I cannot count high enough to register all of the SanDisk brand flash I have thrown away, mostly for computing applications (using it for system disk). Use in a camera is much less demanding, and crummy class flash generally works. But it can fail at any time, even brand new out of the box. JMO

could be fake...
ebay?

The micro SD card itself doesn't have a lock slide on it, but most adapters do. Suggest you save yourself frustration and head for the nearest Walmart to buy another card.

I appreciate all the replies. Here’s what I have so far. The card does not have a lock on it, no slide lever. I have no problem formatting it for use on my Mac or GoPro camera so the card is not defective or a fake. The card works in every other device except V2+. Reformatted the card on the Mac (FAT32) and still not recognized nor can I format on the V2+. Any other suggestions? Thanks again for the responses and I’ll reply if I find a cure.

I would try a different card ( if you have 1 )
Might possibly be a problem with the card slot
On the + camera gimbal?

Another possibility, try to delete, and reinstall app,
Might be some firmware conflict?
( I've had several issues with app updates in the past! )

Please keep us informed!

Take care, fly safe!

Long shot, but it's worked in similar situations for our pro video camcorders. In 'my computer' right click on the card icon to re-format, but don't choose FAT32, but instead choose NTFS. Good luck.

I fixed my problem but I’m not really sure why this worked. Here what I did: Using my computer, I copied all of the files and folder in the original 4GB card that came with Phantom and pasted them on my new 32GB card. I put the 32GB card in the Phantom and formatted with the phone app. Works great now! No errors, takes pictures and videos. Thanks!

I don't understand how to use the phone app to format the SD card. Are you talking about the DJI Vision app or something else? I can't find a menu for formatting the SD card on the DJI Vision app. Am I just missing something?

It's an option in the Vision app on your phone under the camera settings. Scroll down and it's near the bottom of the camera options list.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl