Can't finish advanced IMU calibration

Reaction score
After a bit of a hard landing I plugged in the vision to see if it needed a calibration. I did a basic, then I went to advanced IMO calibration and and started that...it gets to a point and tells me it is too hot and reboot..so I click on ok..and reboot...and start over. It hangs up around 90%... And will not finish, what can I do to get it to finish.?
I tried a few times, but it hangs at 90%... Ideas?
Thanks guys

Re: Can't finish advanced IMO calibration

Also, each time i go into the Assistant, it tells me a advanced calibration is needed. It starts the calibration but hangs at 90% I let the calibration run for 45 mins...
And now..the Vision will not turn on....uggh
Thanks for any help.....

SSR99 said:
Also, each time i go into the Assistant, it tells me a advanced calibration is needed. It starts the calibration but hangs at 90% I let the calibration run for 45 mins...
And now..the Vision will not turn on....uggh
Thanks for any help.....

Charge your battery... while the battery is charging stick your vision in the refrigerator or outside where its around 50 degrees or lower. Then bring it back in and do the advanced calibration. Remember to delete all BTU to get a clean fresh start. I have had half a dozen not want to do the full calibration and I live far enough north that I can stick them outside to get them cool enough to run in it without getting the error.

CALM
DOWN

Take the battery out
Make a coffee.
Let the phantom sit for 20 minutes.
If you're in a rush, place the backside of the battery-less phantom next place it next to an AirCon vent.
Then do the calibration the moment the phantom is plugged in.

The IMU heat warning exist for a reason. It only takes 1 minute of idle for the MC temp warning to appear. If it does, the chances it will take longer to calibrate or not at all. Mine takes about 2minutes and 3 at worst and they all get the green ticks.

M

THANK YOU GUYS!! Yup, followed your instructions and it calibrated in 1 .5 mins. The knowledge base on this board is amazing,<:

Never thought putting it in the fridge was a valid step, but yup, that did it.

SSR99 said:
THANK YOU GUYS!! Yup, followed your instructions and it calibrated in 1 .5 mins. The knowledge base on this board is amazing,<:

Never thought putting it in the fridge was a valid step, but yup, that did it.

LOL.... :lol: Its better than packing it in snow. I am glad the trick worked for you. The Naza flight controller encapsulates the acc/gyro within as epoxied brick of pewter. This weight keeps the acc/gyro from being oscillated too quickly and keeps the platform stable and slower to respond. It can also get warm and expand throwing off the readings. I took one apart down to component level.

The foam suspension and the large weight can oscillate at a certain frequency in the larger hexa and octocopters and cause some real issues, perhaps even the flip of death.

Attachments

• naza 007.JPG
    naza 007.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,722
  • naza 014.JPG
    naza 014.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 877
After a bit of a hard landing I plugged in the vision to see if it needed a calibration. I did a basic, then I went to advanced IMO calibration and and started that...it gets to a point and tells me it is too hot and reboot..so I click on ok..and reboot...and start over. It hangs up around 90%... And will not finish, what can I do to get it to finish.?
I tried a few times, but it hangs at 90%... Ideas?
Thanks guys
You might wait until the AC cools to ambient temp (out of the sun) and try again. A hot drone won't calibrate the IMU sometimes when it's hot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers