Can't find phantom wifi help?

Reaction score
I used to be able to find my phantom under wifi on my phone or tablet but now it won't even show up at all to connect. After having some disconnection from the camera, I decided to press the reset button on the range extender and that's when the problem started. The phantom won't show up in wifi at all. I try with 3 didn't phone iPhone and android with airplane mode and wifi on. None of the phones or tablet can locate the phantom under wifi. I notice on my range extender system would blink green for awhile then stop awhile then repeat the process... Is it my range extender or the wifi module in the phantom that's bad? I been trying to figure it out for days still don't know what's wrong with it. If someone can help me please? Thanks.

turn phantom, controller and RE on.
wait for a minute.
on RE press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
now go to wifi settings on your iphone and wait for "Phantom" wifi and connect.
go to dji app under settings - binding - enter MAC address from underneath the bird or just scan that QR code sticker.
press blue check mark on your top right screen.
wifi will disconnect for a minute,
go back to wifi settings on your iphone and connect to "Phantom" wifi

turn phantom, controller and RE on.
wait for a minute.
on RE press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
now go to wifi settings on your iphone and wait for "Phantom" wifi and connect.
go to dji app under settings - binding - enter MAC address from underneath the bird or just scan that QR code sticker.
press blue check mark on your top right screen.
wifi will disconnect for a minute,
go back to wifi settings on your iphone and connect to "Phantom" wifi
Thanks for the response. I have try exactly that several times. When I go on my phone phantom is not showing up under wifi I wait like over 30min still nothing.

all three cables underneath that plug into gimbal securely connected?
if so then it could be your RE or wifi unit inside the bird.
have another controller with the RE available? try with different RE.
if that doesn't work then it's your wifi unit.

all three cables underneath that plug into gimbal securely connected?
if so then it could be your RE or wifi unit inside the bird.
have another controller with the RE available? try with different RE.
if that doesn't work then it's your wifi unit.
Yea I check the cables to see if they were all securely connected. I don't happen to have a second controller to test it out. I was reading up somewhere someone said that RE don't have to be On for wifi to be connect as long as your close to your phantom. Is this true? If that's the case then it's my wifi module inside that's going bad.

Here's a video of my RE blinking not sure if it's normal. It would blink and stop for about 10sec and then blink and repeat itself.

Last edited:
i think u need the re to connect, even close.

idea: download free wifi channel scanner to ur phone: u can SEE re and SEE phantom - two separate signals on same channel. easy then to tell which is MIA.

i use free "wifi analyzer" from play store.

i think u need the re to connect, even close.

idea: download free wifi channel scanner to ur phone: u can SEE re and SEE phantom - two separate signals on same channel. easy then to tell which is MIA.

i use free "wifi analyzer" from play store.
I got the app but scan and nothing show up for the RE or the phantom....

had appointments today. tomorrow too. if u r still interested, and no one else steps up to the plate with data, let me know and tom night or fri i will:

1) turn on my quad and not re to verify the sig shows up in monitor,
2) turn on re and not quad to verify the sig shows up in the monitor.

i dont need to do:

3) turn on both and verify both show up seperately in monitor - as i know they do.

had appointments today. tomorrow too. if u r still interested, and no one else steps up to the plate with data, let me know and tom night or fri i will:

1) turn on my quad and not re to verify the sig shows up in monitor,
2) turn on re and not quad to verify the sig shows up in the monitor.

i dont need to do:

3) turn on both and verify both show up seperately in monitor - as i know they do.
Yes if you can do that and let me know. I am scanning my wifi over and over on the app but it's not showing up I am getting wifi signal from other device but not from the RE or Phantom it's not showing up.

I just try a different wifi scanner app and I was able to pick up a channel call "sz dji technology co.,ltd". I guessing that's my phantom quad. When I turn the the RE on nothing. Guess like I need a new RE.

so I tested mine today....

here is my test sequence:

1) all off, wifi analyzer on. I can see my chromecast (ch 6) and local wifi (ch2)
2) turn on phantom, 30 sec later I see no name phantom signal (ch 9)
3) I turn on RE, 30 sec later I see "Mike's Phantom" (also ch 9)
4) I turn off phantom, it AND RE goes away. nothing left on ch 9.
5) I turn RE off, back on, 30 sec later - nothing.

Moral of MY story:
- if phantom is on, I can see it.
- if RE then turns on, I can see it.
- if RE is on, phantom off, I see nothing.

So RE only shows up if phantom is on. Perhaps you should try to re-synch RE to your phantom? Or buy new RE.

Hope this helps some.

so I tested mine today....

here is my test sequence:

1) all off, wifi analyzer on. I can see my chromecast (ch 6) and local wifi (ch2)
2) turn on phantom, 30 sec later I see no name phantom signal (ch 9)
3) I turn on RE, 30 sec later I see "Mike's Phantom" (also ch 9)
4) I turn off phantom, it AND RE goes away. nothing left on ch 9.
5) I turn RE off, back on, 30 sec later - nothing.

Moral of MY story:
- if phantom is on, I can see it.
- if RE then turns on, I can see it.
- if RE is on, phantom off, I see nothing.

So RE only shows up if phantom is on. Perhaps you should try to re-synch RE to your phantom? Or buy new RE.

Hope this helps some.
Thanks a lot for the information I try resyncing to phantom by resetting the RE still wifi for RE doesn't show up. I notice on my camera the light is a solid green. The manual said if it's solid green light means the wifi is not on. Is this the reason why I am not able to sync and RE signal don't show up and how would I be able to turn the camera wifi on?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 948
Don't use the sticker to resync. They can be wrong or swapped out by previous owner.
Use wifi analyser on android and scan for the RE700 and Wifi module. The weaker one should be the Bird side and the stronger will be the RE700. Now try and get Mac address by swiping left on the wifi analyser app. Record the Mac address of the birds wifi (this is the wifi modules mac address.

Get a pin and go through the MANUAL binding process below:
Phantom 2 Vision-Preparing the Range Extender - DJI Wiki

If I recall, the binding only needs the last 6 digits. Now use the Vision app to bind and make sure you press the DONE button.

Don't use the sticker to resync. They can be wrong or swapped out by previous owner.
Use wifi analyser on android and scan for the RE700 and Wifi module. The weaker one should be the Bird side and the stronger will be the RE700. Now try and get Mac address by swiping left on the wifi analyser app. Record the Mac address of the birds wifi (this is the wifi modules mac address.

Get a pin and go through the MANUAL binding process below:
Phantom 2 Vision-Preparing the Range Extender - DJI Wiki

If I recall, the binding only needs the last 6 digits. Now use the Vision app to bind and make sure you press the DONE button.
I am following the how to bind camera & range extender but step 1 said "Power on the camera and range extender. Note:(Place the camera power switch to the ’WIFION‘ position)." Where is the power switch to wifion position on the camera I look everywhere can't find it???

I am following the how to bind camera & range extender but step 1 said "Power on the camera and range extender. Note:(Place the camera power switch to the ’WIFION‘ position)." Where is the power switch to wifion position on the camera I look everywhere can't find it???

That is referring to the P2Vision with the golf ball camera and not the Vision Plus. Just power on the P2 and make sure the gimbal does its dance.

That is referring to the P2Vision with the golf ball camera and not the Vision Plus. Just power on the P2 and make sure the gimbal does its dance.
Oh ok. Yup it turn on and gimbal camera move and everything. I just order a new RE gonna wait for it to come in and hopefully be able to get this to work.

I got my new RE today and set it up. Everything is working now. I am just glad it wasn't the wifi module inside the phantom. Thank you everyone that took the time to help. I can finally starting flying again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4