Can't find phantom wifi after I took off gimbal w/ camera

Reaction score
So, my phantom crashed, ( broken battery) and the black ribbon cable was torn, I had to take off the gimbal and unplug it from the phantom, before I had found the phantoms wifi with the camera even when the ribbon had snapped, but now their is none. Does this have to do with the gimbal or is it something else entirely? (Sorry if this sounds dumb[emoji23]) thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

As I understand it, the camera connections must go through the camera for the WiFi to send any data or video back to controller.
Please correct me if this is wrong.
John

With the camera on, a wifi signal came up on my phone, but when I took it off I can't find a signal? Hope it helps[emoji23]

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Correct. Power to the WiFi transmitter goes through the camera, via the connections. If you disconnect the camera, no power gets to the WiFi, thus, no signal.

Correct. Power to the WiFi transmitter goes through the camera, via the connections. If you disconnect the camera, no power gets to the WiFi, thus, no signal.
Are you saying that without the cables are connected correctly to the gimbal, the SSID will not appear on your phone or IPAD? I ask because I just ran into this after installing and reinstalling several gimbals. Which of the cables is the one that provides the wifi power. The smaller one on the side or the right or left one as viewing from the front?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31