Cant figure out naza to enable IOC

Reaction score
Im trying to get to the Naza software so I can enable IOC on my phantom. Cant seem to get the naza software to recognize the phantom. Not sure what I am doing wrong, any ideas?

I never did any updates on my phantom so im not sure if that has anything to do with it either?

Did you download the 'driver' as well as the assistant software(s)?

Try this...

Remove props from Phantom
Open Phantom P2 assistant on PC, click 'skip'
Connect USB from computer to Phantom
Turn on transmitter
Turn on Phantom

N017RW said:
Try this...

Turn on transmitter
Turn on Phantom

When I connect to the P2 assistant it shows that its connected but it says "main controller firmware mismatch, please update your firmware!"

Says that when I try and click on anything. When its connected to the Naza software it doesnt show that the phantom is even connected. All this software confuses the hell out of me so im sure its something im doing wrong

cventu6 said:
N017RW said:
Try this...

Turn on transmitter
Turn on Phantom

When I connect to the P2 assistant it shows that its connected but it says "main controller firmware mismatch, please update your firmware!"

Says that when I try and click on anything. When its connected to the Naza software it doesnt show that the phantom is even connected. All this software confuses the hell out of me so im sure its something im doing wrong

Sounds like you're trying to use the NAZA assistant software with a P2....you'll need to use the Phantom Assistant software instead. The warning messages you get when you connected the Phantom Assistant are just telling you that you need to upgrade the software and/or the firmware that's on the Phantom. The little box that pops up will lead you through that process.

OI Photography said:
cventu6 said:
N017RW said:
Try this...

Turn on transmitter
Turn on Phantom

Sounds like you're trying to use the NAZA assistant software with a P2....you'll need to use the Phantom Assistant software instead. The warning messages you get when you connected the Phantom Assistant are just telling you that you need to upgrade the software and/or the firmware that's on the Phantom. The little box that pops up will lead you through that process.

Ahh gotcha, so is there a way of turning on the IOC without updating all the firmware?

cventu6 said:
Ahh gotcha, so is there a way of turning on the IOC without updating all the firmware?

Yep, you should be able to just close and ignore those warnings and use the Assistant software. You'll need to enable NAZA mode in the software (big button at the top) to get to the IOC switch.

Before you do that though, have you read/understood the manual on how IOC works exactly?

OI Photography said:
cventu6 said:

Yep, you should be able to just close and ignore those warnings and use the Assistant software. You'll need to enable NAZA mode in the software (big button at the top) to get to the IOC switch.

Before you do that though, have you read/understood the manual on how IOC works exactly?

When i click the Phantom button on top it bring up a warning asking if I want to go to Naza M working mode. Is this where I need to be for the IOC?
Yeah I watched some videos and read some articles online so I have a pretty good understanding on home and course lock, which is the whole reason I am trying to activate the IOC

cventu6 said:
When i click the Phantom button on top it bring up a warning asking if I want to go to Naza M working mode. Is this where I need to be for the IOC?

Correct, NAZA mode unlocks access to settings like IOC that are blocked in Phantom mode.

OI Photography said:
cventu6 said:

Correct, NAZA mode unlocks access to settings like IOC that are blocked in Phantom mode.

Even in Naza mode i cannot click on anything but upgrade and info. When i try and click anything else such as advanced it just blocks it out and shows that "main controller firmware mismatch, please update your firmware!" notification.

Also just curious if being in NAZA mode will increase the chances of a fly away? Again I could be wrong but i feel like when i hear things about flyaways its usually on NAZA mode?

I had same mismatch notification. Somehow I installed two assistant softwares ;installed firmware with one , next time I used another one for upgrade and I got that mismatch notification ,I closed the software and used the one I used first time and everything went OK . Dos it make sense ?

Paul K said:
I had same mismatch notification. Somehow I installed two assistant softwares ;installed firmware with one , next time I used another one for upgrade and I got that mismatch notification ,I closed the software and used the one I used first time and everything went OK . Dos it make sense ?
Still cant get it. Maybe I will just update it to the latest version of the main controller and everything. Anyone know any cons to doing the updates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31