Can't even get setup

Reaction score
Hi I can't get this Phantom 3 working at all here :(

I bought it today, I'm looking at this guide to activate it - Activation Setup for DJI Phantom 3 and Inspire 1

I don't get this activation screen to name the copter though.

going through other screens it seems i have a connection problem

IMG_1299.png

So then I'm going into the app (on my iPhone 6) and selecting the "linking RC" option then pressing the little button on the copter using a pin.... absolutely nothing is happening and the counter just times out.

I guess I'm doing something simple wrong... but I have no idea what it is??

I didn't follow your link yet, but your procedure is to link the Rc to the bird, you need to be connecting your Iphone to the remote via wi-fi. Connecting to the remote you don't even need the bird turned on.
You will to continue.

Reactions: potato
Hi sorry I should have been more clear, its a Phantom 3 Professional, and it says to link it this way -

I have the flashing yellow on the copter, the solid red on the handset. But absolutely nothing happens when I follow those steps in the video. It doesn't detect it, and the 60 second count down just times out :(

Yep, look liked you had a standard. Somebody that knows the Pro is going have to help.

Thanks, will wait and see. I opened a ticket with DJI too but just getting excited to actually use it. I was rapidly losing day light (long gone now) and getting anxious to get it in the air :D At this point I'll just be happy if its actually working and not something that I'll need to go back to the store with :(

When the linking starts, you press the bird button for 2 seconds, then let go. If doesn't work, again hold for 2 seconds and release.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

When the linking starts, you press the bird button for 2 seconds, then let go. If doesn't work, again hold for 2 seconds and release.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
Was there some cable issues?
You can hook your remote right to IPhone 6?

Thanks, will wait and see. I opened a ticket with DJI too but just getting excited to actually use it. I was rapidly losing day light (long gone now) and getting anxious to get it in the air :D At this point I'll just be happy if its actually working and not something that I'll need to go back to the store with :(
Open a ticket, did you call them on the phone?

No I didn't call them, my speaking English isn't the best, I can write it better than I can understand talking.

No I didn't call them, my speaking English isn't the best, I can write it better than I can understand talking.
I don't know about other offices. The one in California will not respond (nothing will happen until you get them on the phone).

I don't want to cause unnecessary problems so within reason I don't mind trying to fix it myself or waiting on ticket reply. If they don't respond then I will just take it back to the store it came from, they can replace or refund and then its their problem I guess. But not going to spend 100+ dollars in international phone calls to still not get a solution :)

I've given up with this now, its going back to the store today after a few more failed tries this morning.

I just had them exchange it, but got them to show me the new one connecting before I left the store. So I was moving the camera around, the controller was obviously connected to the copter this time :) Need to charge the new controller before I can test it but its 1.30pm and a lovely day here so I expect to get a test flight in today :D thanks for all replies

Reactions: snerd
New bird went up in the air first go... that was so easy and how it should have been :D

Reactions: snerd
Good to hear it, you had me all stressed out.
Let us know when you get a reply on that ticket.
:)

They did reply on the ticket earlier today :

Thank you for contacting the DJI technical support.
Would you be so kind to check your steps by the following:
Could you also please tell me the color of the LED's from the phantom and the remote controller.
Would you be so kind to send me the proof of purchase?
Thanks for choosing DJI
With kind regards,
DJI NL Technical Support
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:30 to 18:00 (Amsterdam Time UTC+01:00)
To check your repair status:
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4