Can't downgrade Firmware

The thing is i haven't had even one issue with these batteries i bought. Don't get me wrong they were not cheap rip off batteries, they really were value for money. once i established that i spent even more money to get more of them and i was happily flying till last month. Coding in the sense that when you try to force a previous firmware onto the system it registers it as either old or the same as the current one or corrupt. so if someone could manipulate a FW bin file so that the system would accept it would be great. on another note if there was someway to wipe the system completely and then manually install 1.0 to 1.4.

Yes, I would think there would be a procedure to force a factor reset on the MB.
Do what we used to do, look for a battery on MB, remove it, then short the terminals for about 3 days.
Worth a try, I will when my warranty is up, might be just as fun as flying it.
;)

Does the Litchi app allow use of non DJI batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried the litchi app yesterday and it wouldn't let me take off just as with the dji app. i think the FW implements this block on the MB rather than through the mobile app.

Hi
I tried to upgrade my fw but the upgrade failed. My current fw in my p3s is 1.2.40 - what problems are there with this version and what would I gain upgrading? The current fw seems to fly perfect for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

you can go up to 1.4.6 but if as you say your drone flies fine then don't upgrade. also if you want to upgrade do not use the dji app it will try and update your FW to 1.5.7. Rather download and update from your SD card a FW of your choosing. you can find the FW you want here DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help.

NB: do not update to 1.5.7 until more is known about this update, so far it has caused a lot of issues.

Okay i have literally tried everything on the forum and then some, from fitting a new cpu to changing the on-board SD card (not the camera one) and still can't get this thing to revert to stock fresh out of the box. There is no reset switch, just my luck, and no on board battery. Sucks but just like any computer the FW is stored on the bios and this bios is locked. Got a reply from dji saying that they will refer this to their R&D department and they HOPE (how can you hope, aren't you the guys that make it) the downgrade function will come back in the future which basically means "we didn't bother checking our update before we shipped it" or simply "SUCKER!!".

Thanks for posting your efforts!
;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik