Can't delete video from sd card

Reaction score
Put the Micro SD card in a standard SD card adaptor to view on the computer. I can download the pictures and video onto the computer but can't seem to delete anything from the Micro SD card? I'm using an apple imac desktop.

Put the Micro SD card in a standard SD card adaptor to view on the computer. I can download the pictures and video onto the computer but can't seem to delete anything from the Micro SD card? I'm using an apple imac desktop.
Check the side of the adapter for a sliding write-protect switch.

Yes do what Meta said but if that does not work then> drag files to trash, empty trash and EJECT the card

Good advice on the write protect switch. Check that for sure. But if you are wanting to delete all of the vids on the card, then just format the SD card.

Best of luck!

It might easily be the adaptor itself. I had one that did funny things like that that. I could format the actual micro-ssd in the p3 though.

I tried the switch on the side. Same problem. Tried dragging to the trash, Keep getting a popup, Item xxx can't be moved to the trash because it can't be deleted.
I'll have to try the reformatting.

Then in that case try restarting your computer. You could see if the problem continues if you put a different card from a different camera in the trash

Wchevron, presumed you checked the file isn't locked using the get info box?
There is a command you can type into the terminal window but really easier to buy a new card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen