Reaction score
I crashed my phantom 3 standard drone and sent it to be inspected/quoted.
Gimbal was beyond repair and main board has transmitter damage preventing it from connecting to the DJI pilot app.
All in all I'm better off buying a new drone. The inspection place charges a shipping fee to recover my wrecked drone but I just plan on trashing it, they give me the option of "recycling" it for me,saving me the shipping fee.
Should I pay to get it back and part it out to keep whats salvageable?

I crashed my phantom 3 standard drone and sent it to be inspected/quoted.
Gimbal was beyond repair and main board has transmitter damage preventing it from connecting to the DJI pilot app.
All in all I'm better off buying a new drone. The inspection place charges a shipping fee to recover my wrecked drone but I just plan on trashing it, they give me the option of "recycling" it for me,saving me the shipping fee.
Should I pay to get it back and part it out to keep whats salvageable?
If they keep it, what are you left with? Remote, batteries, etc?

Sounds like your like me, I don't have much patience to work on that small stuff yourself, what would you do with the returned parts.

Rod

If they keep it, what are you left with? Remote, batteries, etc?

Sounds like your like me, I don't have much patience to work on that small stuff yourself, what would you do with the returned parts.

Rod

I keep battery and accessories, they have only the remote and drone itself.
Oh yes.No patience whatsoever, BUT it's due to mot having the time, I've seen threads where people seek out parts thats why i was curious as to I'd i should part it out. I flew the drone and the motors worked great, the manual remote joystick start worked well on it.

Don't know, a working remote has a value, what is $ involved if they ship it back. I have problems throwing things away, Phantom that fly's is still fun, and gain more experience on flying. With out a gimbal though, I as far as I know, If they have done something to the drone, or you try to re-link the remote to the drone. I don't think it can be done without the gimbal functioning. I paid $286.00 to fix mine, prices have came down on new units since February.

Rod

Did it crash hard? I'm lucky when I crashed mine I only had to replace the camera, which was easy.
20160902_222047.jpg

depending on the return fee its got to be well worth having it back and putting it on ebay, most people would pay good money for a broken one rather than paying the premium of a shiny new one. i know i did :)

Thanks, ouch, more than I thought.

Rod

Yeah, but buying from other sellers eventhough they claim it's DJI parts scare me. I would want the best part possible in my drone.
Plus the footage isn't too shabby ;)

The more I fly I can tell I'm getting better.

Yeah, better than I have done.

Rod

$85 to get it back, A new gimbal and camera installed is $279
The ESC Board is $189
New landing gear is $1
The total for all repairs would be $480

I'd pay the $85 for it back, you would probly get around $250 back if sold through eBay or keep it for spares and buy another??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for all of the feed back you guys gave. I decided to let them keep the phantom 3 standard i will be buying myself an advanced model and just keep the battery and other stuff for it.

Reactions: Jonathan Huff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20