Cant connect to MC ... I've read the manual and forum threads :-(

Reaction score
Hello. Newbie here.

So. I bought a display model P2V. Got it home and powered up in the correct order. The P2V did it's initial quick green and amber lights on power up and then gives 3 red flashes along with 3 beeps front booms. No other lights displayed thereafter. The P2V starts (props off) if I give it the sick inputs, yaw, pitch etc all responding as it should. When started up the 2 red leds light at the front.

The P2V doesnt seem to do any other checks though like looking for GPS and nor can I initiate the compass calibration. So I'm reluctant to fly it. I'm assuming

The user manual says the IMU needs calibrating. Using the assistant software connecting to the USB port on the P2V.

I followed the instructions to the letter on bottom of this page http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/can-not-connect-to-assistant.1113/ and installed the latest versions of RC, assistant and the driver from the current DJI P2V support page. I even tried an older version 3.6 of assistant.

The driver install informs me the device has been updated successfully (for windows)

I have tried on 3 windows pc's and 2 macs (without driver and using mac versions of the software) following instructions correctly.

The assistant software fails to make a connection with the P2V no matter what I do. Please help :-(

Please!
Phil.

delete assist and driver, create acct with dj,i reinstall driver first, connect phantom to pc and turn on (no Props installed!) then install assist, had the same problem with on of my pc's
Note: I have a spare usb cable but for some reason the bird sometimes like the dji cable only
hope it helps

Thanks. Marg. I have a DJI account already. Props havent been on since I picked it up :-( I'll try your steps but in the 12 hrs I've been in front of my pc I'm sure I've tried every combo ;-) I've also tried 5 cables but do not have the DJI cable.

MANY MANY THANKS THOUGH.

Phil.

MARG: Still no joy ..... Maybe it is the cable ....

Thank you
P

I had a simular issue once. The USB plug at the Phantom became damaged. Had to get a new harness with the USB plug new. Issue resolved. Assist and quad now talk.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20