cant connect to controller

Reaction score
Hi all, please go easy on me i am new to phantom 3 advaced and have only basic knowledge of the drone and its operation. I have searched without luck on my issue.... i recently purchased a damaged phantom 3 advanced as the previous owner is not at all prepared to work damaged drone. So i picked it up for a steal.... not knowing What is wrong with it . Lol this can get expensive quick so i might aslo mention iam on a budget ...

My problem is the drone was crashed into a lamp post smashing the camera completely and has been removed prior to me receiving. The legs are bent one snapped but seems to have not damaged the cable that runs down each of the legs.... i turn it on with green light on controller on and the red light on the uav flashing red yellow and green with no connectin.. and ideas to get me in the air without a new camera i will definitely be adding one in the near future!I will reqire a gps as iv lost a much cheaper syma amongst houses with great disappointment. Anyone can help even walk me through trouble shooting . I have reasearched this site and believe it maybe a ceramic gps antenna but not sure to be honest. Thanks guys fly on!

The green light on the controller indicates that the controller is connected to the aircraft. In the application it will still say no signal since the camera is absent, but you should still be able to interact with everything else.
The led indicators on the aircraft are indicating that there is an IMU error. Try running an IMU calibration, and if that doesn't solve it chances are the main board is damaged and needs to be replaced.
The cost of a new board will be around $270, landing gear is only $12 and is a simple fix. The camera, if you want to put one on it will be around $280.

I hope that was helpful.

The crash may have put the IMU out, there is a mecahnical component internally, acted on by movememt (thats how it can sense acceleration). The impact can force this element to get stuck and it can often be reset by applying an external force (gently belting it). Do a search o IMU stuck etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl