Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Can't connect to camera... :(

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by cruz_ctrl, Dec 31, 2014.

1. cruz_ctrl

i have a P2V+ with standard set up (no mods).

i should preface this by saying that i was using a battery that i know is faulty. it goes into critical battery mode at around 50-60% and wants to auto-land. that's what happened yesterday when i was flying and got the critical battery warning and quickly brought it back for a hand-catch. it was coming down and only responding to the right stick not the left (no "up" command). so i kind of snatched it out of the air. no problem but after I put in a fresh battery I could no longer see the network. everything else was fine and I flew it for a while but without the camera function it isn't much use to me.

the camera was recording when this happened and i didn't end the recording session before shutting down the phantom. later, when i put the card in the computer i got a error message asking to format the card. so, i tried plugging the camera into the computer but it does not even show up. i would ike to recover the footage if possible

today i set to work to see if i could pinpoint/fix the problem.

still no network (didn't magically return in the night) so i reset the range extender and the network appeared. then i opened the app but still no connection to the camera. so i tried re-binding the camera and went thru all the steps and entered the MAC address, etc. all seemed to go fine but still no connection to the camera. i updated the app (grasping at straws). still no fix. i'm at a loss.

has anyone had a similar problem?

is there anything inside the phantom/camera i can check?

any "system restore"? :)

i have never updated to the latest firmware but that wouldn't help, would it?

thanks in advance for any help. i really need to get this fixed asap...

2. 4wd

4wd

Try deleting your app and re-install?
    It would be good to put in another card in case that one has suffered some terminal error.
    A good card seems to be surprisingly important to unlikely aspects of the camera operation.

3. cruz_ctrl

**** :(
    26 views and only one reply...
    i need help... :(

4. Bryan67

im having the same problem..

5. bbfpv

can you see telemetry but not FPV? can you still take pictures and video? can u move the camera w/ the wheel?

6. Bryan67

No telemetry either the only thing i see in blue in the wifi and extender symbol everything else is gray.

7. Bryan67

i can mover the camera with the wheel

8. bbfpv

Make sure the ribbon cable(s) are properly seated. Remove them and plug them back in snugly. If that doesn't work, look into replacing your wifi module. Also, do a search on here for "cant connect to camera" and "no fpv" etc. There are tons of tips and support around this, since it's not an uncommon problem. GL

Bryan67 likes this.
  9. Bryan67

Thanks i will do that

10. Mako79

Its usually the 4 pin connector. Inspect this carefully and make sure the 4 pins are seated and that the plastic clip is not damaged.

11. Bryan67

thanks marco, i will give that a try and get back you to with the outcome mate.

12. Dr.One

Hi Bryan, did you managed to get a fixed of this.? I had the same problem as yours but mine has a red dot light on the gimbal . Thanks

13. Bryan67

sorry for the late reply Dr. one Ive had to sent my quad back, it was a fault with the camera now just waiting for a new one coming