Can't connect to camera... :(

Reaction score
i have a P2V+ with standard set up (no mods).

i should preface this by saying that i was using a battery that i know is faulty. it goes into critical battery mode at around 50-60% and wants to auto-land. that's what happened yesterday when i was flying and got the critical battery warning and quickly brought it back for a hand-catch. it was coming down and only responding to the right stick not the left (no "up" command). so i kind of snatched it out of the air. no problem but after I put in a fresh battery I could no longer see the network. everything else was fine and I flew it for a while but without the camera function it isn't much use to me.

the camera was recording when this happened and i didn't end the recording session before shutting down the phantom. later, when i put the card in the computer i got a error message asking to format the card. so, i tried plugging the camera into the computer but it does not even show up. i would ike to recover the footage if possible

today i set to work to see if i could pinpoint/fix the problem.

still no network (didn't magically return in the night) so i reset the range extender and the network appeared. then i opened the app but still no connection to the camera. so i tried re-binding the camera and went thru all the steps and entered the MAC address, etc. all seemed to go fine but still no connection to the camera. i updated the app (grasping at straws). still no fix. i'm at a loss.

has anyone had a similar problem?

is there anything inside the phantom/camera i can check?

any "system restore"? :)

i have never updated to the latest firmware but that wouldn't help, would it?

thanks in advance for any help. i really need to get this fixed asap...

can you see telemetry but not FPV? can you still take pictures and video? can u move the camera w/ the wheel?

can you see telemetry but not FPV? can you still take pictures and video? can u move the camera w/ the wheel?
No telemetry either the only thing i see in blue in the wifi and extender symbol everything else is gray.

i can mover the camera with the wheel
Make sure the ribbon cable(s) are properly seated. Remove them and plug them back in snugly. If that doesn't work, look into replacing your wifi module. Also, do a search on here for "cant connect to camera" and "no fpv" etc. There are tons of tips and support around this, since it's not an uncommon problem. GL

Reactions: Bryan67
Make sure the ribbon cable(s) are properly seated. Remove them and plug them back in snugly. If that doesn't work, look into replacing your wifi module. Also, do a search on here for "cant connect to camera" and "no fpv" etc. There are tons of tips and support around this, since it's not an uncommon problem. GL
Thanks i will do that

Its usually the 4 pin connector. Inspect this carefully and make sure the 4 pins are seated and that the plastic clip is not damaged.

Its usually the 4 pin connector. Inspect this carefully and make sure the 4 pins are seated and that the plastic clip is not damaged.
thanks marco, i will give that a try and get back you to with the outcome mate.

Hi Bryan, did you managed to get a fixed of this.? I had the same problem as yours but mine has a red dot light on the gimbal . Thanks

Hi Bryan, did you managed to get a fixed of this.? I had the same problem as yours but mine has a red dot light on the gimbal . Thanks
sorry for the late reply Dr. one Ive had to sent my quad back, it was a fault with the camera now just waiting for a new one coming

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl