cant connect p4p to assistant

Reaction score
hi, im writing this in desperation, i have been told by my app to calibrate the vision system on my p4p.
which is done in the dji assistant program on my pc. (windows) so i have installed the 1.0.9 version.
i cannot get the pc to recognise the p4p. i tried to disable to the driver signature thing and still after reintsalling 10 times it still wont get it. is there something im missing?
iv tried different usb ports. however i have only one usb cord that does the job, the one that came with the p4p is a male to female, which from there i need a male to male which i do not have. so i am using one from a different usb device which is micro to usb.
any suggestions?

when flying the p4p keeps thinking there is an obstacle near it which there isnt. so def needs to be fixed asap before something bad happens! not flying at the moment.

which is done in the dji assistant program on my pc. (windows) so i have installed the 1.0.9 version.
Try installing DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.0-2 (the current version). You can download it from the P4P downloads page.

i actually had that one installed first before the other version but it didnt work. reinstalled it just then and still nothing.
is there some windows driver i need or is it within the assistant program>??? is there something im missing>

iv tried different usb ports. however i have only one usb cord that does the job, the one that came with the p4p is a male to female, which from there i need a male to male which i do not have. so i am using one from a different usb device which is micro to usb.
I'm not following this part. The P4P comes with a Micro USB cable. You can connect your P4P to your computer with that cable.

FYI, here's a video showing how to hook everything up:

I've got he same problem with my p4p. I run windows 8 with 1.0.9. I've got no idea what to do. there's a thread on this somewhere else saying you need to install some driver, I used the link downloaded with no luck.

the micro usb that came with it is ultra short, it fits into the aircraft, but the other end of the cord is a female usb, so from there i would need to extend it using a male to male usb cord. which i do not own. so im not sure what type of micro usb cord everyone else got with their p4p but mine doesnt do the job . im using a micro to male usb i got off a seperate device (a cord that charges canon batteries) it should do the same thing. i will have to go and borrow or buy another cord to see if thats the problem.

Use this cable (not this cable).

Cables.png

i installed assistant on my older win7 laptop and still the same problem, i did notice though that during the assistant installation i was asked more questions like do you want to allow "rockchip" or similar to be installed. that wasnt asked on win 10

Which cable are you using now?

msinger i only have the OTG cable, im pretty sure i didnt get the other green boxed one you show up there. does it def come with the unit?

Yes, it definitely comes with the unit. You should not be using the OTG cable.

IMG_4121.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
al38o4zal

see if that works

hmm the link doesnt seem to work. im not using the otg cable as i dont have a male to male cable to extend it. im using an identical cord to one that you are saying comes with it. il just have to sort this cord out

Just got mine figured out. Windows will not install a driver that is not digitally signed, (Why a big company like DJI wouldn't have the nessesary signed driver is beyond me) anyhow in order to install you have to temporarily disable this security feature. Here the link to the instructions for that

How to: Disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 10

Uninstall assistant 2, follow the instructions on the link, reinstall assistant as soon as restart is complete. Worked great on mine.
Good luck!

ok so i dug through all my stuff and i found the cable that came with it, and guess what it worked ! not sure why an identical cable didnt. sorry to be a pain! newbie alert.

No problem. I'm happy to hear you got it sorted out :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20