Can't connect P2V+ to PC

Reaction score
Can't connect P2V+ to PC.

The light never turns green on lower left.

On desk the Phantom Asst shortcut has that little microsoft windows shield. Is windows blocking it from working?

Did you download ( DRIVER FIRMWARE ) this allows phantom to communicate with PC?

You need:
PC assistant
Driver
Installed on PC.

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Step by step to get the phantom detected again:

1. plug in your phantom and turn it on

2. open up device manager and you will see a COM Port (most likely with a yellow exclamation point). It will be labeled DJI COM

3. Right click that COM port and choose "uninstall driver"

4. on the new window that pops up make sure to check the little box that says "Remove driver software"

5. goto DJI website and download and install the DJI driver package.

6. unplug the usb cable from phantom and replug

7. windows will auto detect the hardware and attempt to install the drivers.

8. go back to device manager and check the COM port again and see if the yellow exclamation point is there beside the DJI COM device. If no yellow mark, open up DJI assistant and your phantom will now be detected.

9. If there is still a yellow exclamation, right click the device and choose "update driver"

10. on the new window that pops up choose "Browse my computer for driver software"

11. Navigate to the DJI driver folder (default: c:\program files\DJI Product\DJI Driver

12. Click install and the computer will find the right driver in that folder and install it. The yellow exclamation should be gone now. Open up DJI assistant software and your phantom will be detected.

Also make sure you are connecting to the Phantom, and not the usb connector for the camera. It is above the front of the camera on the body of the phantom, behind a rubber white plug\cover. I made this mistake my first day AFTER successfully connecting to the Assistant earlier in the day. Wanted to switch to NAZA mode after my first flight, and completely went brain dead and forgot about the port on the Phantom.

Check crashoftens suggestion above... This has been a common mistake

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Thank you for your input. I was able to connect! Deleted software and restarted. All user error.

Now, if I could just get rid of that gimbal motor error that I'm getting, even tho I didn't crash it, if fact, the error developed while unit sitting on my desk. Motor makes a soft scratchy sound, acts a little funny. Have not test flown since error message appeared. Will I burn out motors?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie