Can't connect from the app, please help

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my DJI Phantom 3 Stndard. Phantom powers up, blinks yellow-red, controller powers up, lights up green, so there is radio connection. I connect with my phone (android 6.0.1, Oneplus One), I see the wifi network, I connect to it (says there is connection, no internet). But the DJI Go app is whowing "how to connect" on the equipment page, and I can't even see any camera or other connection, so the app is not connecting despite the wifi being connected. What am I doing wrong, how to connect? I registered the account in the app and i'm logged on...

I had a similar problem and fixed it just a few minutes ago but that had to do with my opening the RC and tinkering so I dont think that is your prob. The guys over at DJI on their support line know a lot and I recommend hitting them up! 1 (818) 235-0789

Hi, I just got my DJI Phantom 3 Stndard. Phantom powers up, blinks yellow-red, controller powers up, lights up green, so there is radio connection. I connect with my phone (android 6.0.1, Oneplus One), I see the wifi network, I connect to it (says there is connection, no internet). But the DJI Go app is whowing "how to connect" on the equipment page, and I can't even see any camera or other connection, so the app is not connecting despite the wifi being connected. What am I doing wrong, how to connect? I registered the account in the app and i'm logged on...
If it says there is no internet connection, connect your mobile device to your home WiFi, which you must have done to register, then you connect back to the phantom WiFi. Sounds to me it should be working. Note that your WiFi signal comes from the Remote, you can hook up to the remote without the Phantom Powered on. On that the note, look at re-linking Phantom to Remote.
Let us know.:)

I found a solution: maybe it's Android Marshmallow problem, or just my OneplusOne ROM: when it connects to Phantom wifi (and shows wifi connected) the app is not connecting, but if I pull down notifications I see one that says wifi has no internet conenction, do I want to keep connecting to it? So even though logically it seems that it should be connected, it's not until I click "yes". Then everything is working.

I have another problem though, TX loses wifi link to Phantom after a few minutes (LED goes red, phone says no connection), even though phantom is just 2 meters from it direct line of sight. It's not restored until I turn phantom off and on again.

I found a solution: maybe it's Android Marshmallow problem, or just my OneplusOne ROM: when it connects to Phantom wifi (and shows wifi connected) the app is not connecting, but if I pull down notifications I see one that says wifi has no internet conenction, do I want to keep connecting to it? So even though logically it seems that it should be connected, it's not until I click "yes". Then everything is working.

I would try another mobile device, I think some other software is messing with you.
Check out,
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help "Mobile Device Fixes"
"Everything is working"? Camera View and it fly's?

I have another problem though, TX loses wifi link to Phantom after a few minutes (LED goes red, phone says no connection), even though phantom is just 2 meters from it direct line of sight. It's not restored until I turn phantom off and on again.

Still WiFi problems, are you testing next to your home WiFi?

Still WiFi problems, are you testing next to your home WiFi?
Yes, I was testing inside my house. Not only 2 of my networks, there is about 16 networks present an all channels. What worries me is that once disconnected, it never reconnected itself (TX led red) until phantom is rebooted. Is it a common behavior when there are networks around?

You could remove all your networks that you connect to that are close to you, because when you loose connection your mobile will be looking for a connection and hook to it instead. Keep in mind that your mobile is connecting to the remote, not the Phantom, your remote and mobile will always be close together. If you power your remote off or your mobile or app crashes then it does have to reconnect.

Here some more stuff to burn the brain.
Lost signal (but not really)

Rod

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Thanks guys. Amazing forum, I posted a noob question and got many useful and thorough replies within hours. I tried it in another room and didn't get disconnection. Will test it outside tomorrow. I'm just wondering - the red led on TX, does it light red on loss of wifi from drone AND/OR from phone? The proposed scenario is that it lost wifi connection with drone, not likely with phone, TX lit red, but why TX doesn't try to reconnect with the drone? I would guess that when the signal is back it should reconnect. Phone would have connected to my home wifi, but it's not the phone that lost the connection I think, it was TX to P3S. I will double-check when it happens next time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1