P3 Firmware Can't connect DJI GO app to Samsung Galaxy 7 or Samsung Note

Reaction score
I am having issues with my Samsung S7 Edge The DJI app will not register the RC, I do not have the option for camera view. I have literally read everything online and watched every YouTube video for at least 15 hours. Uninstalling and reinstalling everything I can clearing my cache but no luck. I went into developer options and manually changed USB configuration to "MIDI" but it doesn't seem to be registering it, is only charging on the Galaxy. On the Note if wont give me the camera option either.

I have seen a lot of people with this issue but I feel like I have tried everything. Would Litchi work or would I be spending $25 for nothing...

Any help would be appreciated thanks fellas.

Specs: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Marshmallow 6.0.1
Samsung Note version 4.4.2
Phantom 3 Advanced

IMG_3458.JPG
20160923_103907.jpg

Seen a post yesterday that someone else had same problem, they bought Litchi and still had the same problem - wouldnt work.

DJI are aware of this problem.

Yeah I bought Litchi as well and it is still not functioning .

I was reading on the DJI Phantom Owners group in Facebook that there is an identified compatibility issue with Samsung products, especially the newer ones (Galaxy S6, S7). Supposedly Samsung customer service confirmed the issue but has said a patch/ fix is not coming out anytime soon. I'm sure they have their hands full with their LiPo battery issues right now.

Here's one of the threads from this forum that discusses the Samsung issue (tip of the iceberg):

Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO

Might I suggest trying an Apple device?? If You don't already own one, ask a friend that does if they'll download the Go app and let you see if it will connect properly. If it does and all goes well, you'll at least know what direction you need to go in.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20