Can't connect camera to app. New to this whole world!

Yah some things not right with it. I took it up tonight at about 20 meters and it started to trail off on me going forward I believe.. it was pretty windy on top of that but as I was pulling it back toward me to get it back where I had it it took a dump.. my daughter wouldn't stop yapping in my ear and as I was telling her to be quiet so I could figure things out I looked up and saw it disoriented in the air and came down.. luckily for me the ground is really soft from the rain.. no known damage other than one broke prop.. lost 2 dampers but I got that taken care of with zip ties now.. didn't take it back up because I need to figure out all the calibrations.. I ran out of time last night so I couldn't. When I get some time at my parents I'm going to plug it in and figure it out. If you don't mind please send me the pictures of all the adjustments/calibrations I need to do. I also ordered 4 new props. I have a spare for the broken one but for all I know the current ones are damaged somehow.

Here's what I forgot to send you Tuesday.

RC controller.jpg
Tools Tab (IMU Cal).jpg

If I remember correctly the mod on the compass was a little over 2000

If that is the case do not fly it again and watch this video.

OK so a magnet will jack up the compass.. but how is he using a magnet to bring it back into calibration range? I need to get familiar with all the light patterns.. gonna have to look all that up..

OK so a magnet will jack up the compass.. but how is he using a magnet to bring it back into calibration range? I need to get familiar with all the light patterns.. gonna have to look all that up..

If in deed the compass mod was 2000 you need to bring it back into the range we talked about the other night. I suggest you use your computer to do this not not with refrigerator door magnet get some from a hardware store. You need to connect the P2 to it software and follow along with the video.and when those compass number are within the range we talked about stop then do an advance IMU. Once those numbers are where they should be take it out for test flight without the kids because you do not need any distractions at this point.

The only LED patterns you need are those on rear as the front LED's are always red and if you're not familiar with them they are in the User's manual.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Which side of the magnet do you face towards the compass? The side that sticks right?

Last edited:
Yah I saw the same.. did I mention that the connection "ding" goes off as soon as I plug in the USB to it? If the usb was bad then that wouldn't work right?

Yah I saw the same.. did I mention that the connection "ding" goes off as soon as I plug in the USB to it? If the usb was bad then that wouldn't work right?

That just indicates that the rc was powered up.and has nothing to do with the USB input.

Compass mod is now down to 1153 and zip is around 295 :) did the advanced calibration.. I can probably get it lower if you suggest I do so

Compass mod is now down to 1153 and zip is around 295 :) did the advanced calibration.. I can probably get it lower if you suggest I do so

Now do the advanced IMU calibration and post the results.

An hour later.. the bar never moved.. I keep getting the startup lights and it never switches

An hour later.. the bar never moved.. I keep getting the startup lights and it never switches

If you received a third message that said you P2 was to warm to continue and you hit cancel instead of the X nothing will happen because you cancelled the IMU calibration. So try it again.and it shouldn't take longer then 5 minutes to complete the cal.

I hit yes on that warning message.. the video I watched let me know to not cancel it.. it went thru a few series of the blue bars.. but would just sit there.. I tried it once for 15 min and again for a little over an hour.. I'm going to see mom obviously for mothers day so I'm gonna plug it in and try again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj