Can't connect camera to app. New to this whole world!

Here's the USB cable for the camera

Attachments

• 1461802414774.jpg
    1461802414774.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 266
I just got your voicemail. I just got home and have been pretty sick the last couple days.. I'm gonna take a shower and I'll get ahold of you after bit

Got a soldering iron. I soldered the plug n play into the transmitter wires (yes I triple checked to make sure I didn't cross the wires). I think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to solder the plug n play to the USB cable.. I was gonna go ahead and attach the transmitter to the bottom but the only way I can get the base flush to the Phantom is by overhanging the antenna.. I wanted to get your feedback on if I can even do that and plug the battery in. I can also aim the antenna off either side since nothing else will be down there. Let me know what you think

Got a soldering iron. I soldered the plug n play into the transmitter wires (yes I triple checked to make sure I didn't cross the wires). I think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to solder the plug n play to the USB cable.. I was gonna go ahead and attach the transmitter to the bottom but the only way I can get the base flush to the Phantom is by overhanging the antenna.. I wanted to get your feedback on if I can even do that and plug the battery in. I can also aim the antenna off either side since nothing else will be down there. Let me know what you think

I have mine off to the side so the battery can be removed but the transmitter isn't flush with the bottom of the P2. The immersion has a heat sink which raises it 3.5 mm enabling the use of a 90° elbow to mount the antenna. Of course you mount TX out the side that way you should have enough clearance for the antenna.

IMG_3940.jpg

Gotcha! I'll try and finish it all up tonight when I get off work. I mounted my gimbal back up and plugged it in and ran all my wires.. I wiggled my camera in every direction possible to find the furthest point the wires would go and even went a little further and taped the wires so they wouldn't move while I soldered them. Also because I had an idea of exactly how much wire I have to work with.

So with each individual wire color I obviously have to match up.. but when I cut the plug n play I tie both of the ends to the USB wire correct? Making it three wires in each bond?

So with each individual wire color I obviously have to match up.. but when I cut the plug n play I tie both of the ends to the USB wire correct? Making it three wires in each bond?

And then you have to attach to the cam socket wires and solder but don't forget the heat shrink tubing.

I have it all set up.. heat shrink included. Gonna lay with my daughter til she falls asleep and then solder them up! I mocked up the yellow wires just to make sure the tubing would fit.. everything seems to be great.. and now I see where you mounted the iosd which works with where I put my wires. Does the iosd only connect in two spots? I see that it connects to the little white plug n play plug and into the thing I disconnected from the leg. Is there anywhere else? Just wondering if I can make sure I did everything right by seeing video on my monitor even though I don't have the iosd component in yet

I have it all set up.. heat shrink included. Gonna lay with my daughter til she falls asleep and then solder them up! I mocked up the yellow wires just to make sure the tubing would fit.. everything seems to be great.. and now I see where you mounted the iosd which works with where I put my wires. Does the iosd only connect in two spots? I see that it connects to the little white plug n play plug and into the thing I disconnected from the leg. Is there anywhere else? Just wondering if I can make sure I did everything right by seeing video on my monitor even though I don't have the iosd component in yet

There are only two wires and a black cable that connect to the iOSD.
IMG_5551.jpg

All soldered and covered with tube. I adjusted the wires below so they won't interfere with the gimbal. I set the transmitter to channel 4. Will I have to wait for the iosd before I can see the video?

All soldered and covered with tube. I adjusted the wires below so they won't interfere with the gimbal. I set the transmitter to channel 4. Will I have to wait for the iosd before I can see the video?

If you had two wires you could jumper the Iosd connector and feed the video through to the TX How about the TX connectors you cut off the plug n play did you leave any wire on them which you could use as jumpers.

Theres all the wire I had left. I have no idea what you mean by jumping it either

Attachments

• 1461987841088.jpg
    1461987841088.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 256
Theres all the wire I had left. I have no idea what you mean by jumping it either

What I meant was to jumper the yellow/black wires on the plug n play socket that plugs into the iOSD module. Oh well since you have nothing long enough you'll just have to wait for the module to come in.

Is that the little white one in the middle of the pnp cable? Does it just need wires touching it? I have like 10 chargers here that have broken ends.. does it matter what kind of wire I use?

Is that the little white one in the middle of the pnp cable? Does it just need wires touching it? I have like 10 chargers here that have broken ends.. does it matter what kind of wire I use?

No it doesn't matter as long they will fit into connector but if it's stranded wire you would have twist them then solder the ends so there stiff enough to go into the socket. All you 're doing jumpering video feed directly to the TX.

Are we talking about the only one left on the plug n play? Do I stick the wires in all the little plugs in it?

Are we talking about the only one left on the plug n play? Do I stick the wires in all the little plugs in it?

Without having the iOSD module and you want to check to see if the video is working you would need to jumper the connector that would plug into the iOSD. Now if you do not have two wires small enough forget it and wait till the module comes in. In the mean time download the iOSD assistant software os if adjustments need to be made to either the left or right sides of the screen you are ready.before closing the shell. You should have all the software loaded on your laptop.

Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

Last edited:
But which connector are you referring to? The little white one on the plug n play or the black one that was on the leg? They both connect to the iosd I think

But which connector are you referring to? The little white one on the plug n play or the black one that was on the leg? They both connect to the iosd I think

The small white one for the video that you will plug into the iOSD when you get it and it has nothing to do with the CAN-BUS plug

Gotcha. I will strip an old charger when I get off work and see how thick the wire is. Do you know how many spots I need to plug?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.