Can't connect camera to app. New to this whole world!

You are amazing jason. You have no reason to put all this effort in to help a stranger like you have I can't thank you enough.. and yes I will let you know when I get it. The transmitter and monitor will be in tomorrow and I ordered the mount for my controller late last night so I won't get that til monday. I'm gonna order the isod also but I want to make sure I can get everything to work properly before I throw more money in. So if it works tomorrow night I'm gonna be on amazon immediately ordering it. I need to get a damp 2mm hex screwdriver to be able to even get the Phantom opened. Also need to get some type of adhesive strip to attach the transmitter.if soldering just means attaching the bare wires together than I don't mind.. seems easier than what you were saying is the alternative

Go to home depot and in the paint dept pickup a roll of 3M double back tape.

3M Scotch 1 in. x 1.66 yds. Extreme Mounting Tape-414DC-SF - The Home Depot

You are amazing jason. You have no reason to put all this effort in to help a stranger like you have I can't thank you enough.. and yes I will let you know when I get it. The transmitter and monitor will be in tomorrow and I ordered the mount for my controller late last night so I won't get that til monday. I'm gonna order the isod also but I want to make sure I can get everything to work properly before I throw more money in. So if it works tomorrow night I'm gonna be on amazon immediately ordering it. I need to get a damp 2mm hex screwdriver to be able to even get the Phantom opened. Also need to get some type of adhesive strip to attach the transmitter.if soldering just means attaching the bare wires together than I don't mind.. seems easier than what you were saying is the alternative

I wouldn't worry to much about things not working has long as the power leads are not crossed. Have you taken the time to check if the camera and gimbal are working properly?

I'm on the Amazon app so I didn't have a url sorry.

Attachments

• 1461435638297.jpg
    1461435638297.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 281
I'm on the Amazon app so I didn't have a url sorry.

That's the same thing I have but I put rubber pads on the mounting plate to keep the monitor from moving.

Does that back of the monitor have that little groove that you slide down onto the mount?

Does that back of the monitor have that little groove that you slide down onto the mount?

I installed mine all the way down and tilted back far enough for a clear view of the switches.
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_3939.jpg

Hey I tried to register for the faa but it's trying to charge me like 4G something dollars?

iiiiiiiiiits here!

As much as you would like to get started with assembly just wait until the rest comes in and even then you may not have everything needed.

I got it in the air today! It's amazing.. intimidating though.. I didn't have any video so I didn't want to get carried away

So this is what I'm working with. There's my transmitter and cable.. is it suppose to not have the connector on both ends like that? And also my monitor with 3 different cables. My mini iosd and it's plug n play cable are gonna be here tuesday. Oh and my mount for the controller will be here tomorrow.

9e

Attachments

• 1461542977817.jpg
    1461542977817.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 262
  • 1461543000394.jpg
    1461543000394.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 267
  • 1461543014143.jpg
    1461543014143.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 260
So I went ahead and took the gimbal off because the rubber things weren't on right.. and I've been watching videos on how to install everything but I haven't seen anything about how the camera gets connected to the system. I assume it needs connected to the USB on the camera but I don't think I have one

So I went ahead and took the gimbal off because the rubber things weren't on right.. and I've been watching videos on how to install everything but I haven't seen anything about how the camera gets connected to the system. I assume it needs connected to the USB on the camera but I don't think I have one

Did you order the plug n play cable I sent you the link for? Now to complete the camera hookup you will need to order the USB cable for the camera.
You can order it from ebay for a 1.99 from Hong Kong with a delivery May or June or from amazon for 6.49 here's both links.

FPV USB to AV Cable Video Output TX Cable Line For Yi Cam XiaoMi Yi Sport Camera

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+Cable+Line+For+Yi+Cam+XiaoMi+Yi+Sport+Camera

Looking at the transmitter and camera cables you will have to hard wire both of those for power and video even though you'll be using a plug n play cable so you will need to get some heat shrink tubing.

This is the one I got. I assume that USB isn't available at any stores?

Attachments

• 1461582089755.jpg
    1461582089755.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 268
Here is the mini I got. It was suppose to be 1 day delivery but they were out.. so I won't get it til next tuesday

Attachments

• 1461582806212.jpg
    1461582806212.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 319
This is the one I got. I assume that USB isn't available at any stores?

You will need the USB cable for the camera in order to complete the system. No I haven't seen that camera available in any store let alone the cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1