Can't connect camera to app. New to this whole world!

Reaction score
I bought a phantom 2 yesterday online that came with a feiyu tech mini 2d gimbal and xiaomi you action camera. Spent last night trying to get everything set up and I got the dji vision app and it says I have no camera connection. Anyone know what I need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have 100 other questions ad well but will start here :)

I bought a phantom 2 yesterday online that came with a feiyu tech mini 2d gimbal and xiaomi you action camera. Spent last night trying to get everything set up and I got the dji vision app and it says I have no camera connection. Anyone know what I need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have 100 other questions ad well but will start here :)

The Phantom 2 non-vision operates on a 2.4GHz frequency was a basic unit designed to be used with a 5.8GHz video system. Since the cameras wifi uses the same 2.4GHz frequency as the P2 it's signal will cause interference with the flight controller.

Is there something I can add that will allow me to?

Yes. You will need a plug n play cable, 5.8 GHz video transmitter and a monitor/receiver to view what the camera sees. There are three major manufactures of FPV (first person view) systems and they are Boscam, Flysight and Immersion who carry FPV systems. Sorry I make it a habit not to recommend one system over another. Prices can range from $250 - $350 depending what you choose and from which dealer you buy from

Do I have to buy the monitor? Or is it possible to use that dji app or the xiaomi app or something similar? I had a feeling I was going to have to buy some sort of signal receiver but was hoping I could get away with not having to buy a monitor. Will all of this mess with the maximum weight capacity?

Do I have to buy the monitor? Or is it possible to use that dji app or the xiaomi app or something similar? I had a feeling I was going to have to buy some sort of signal receiver but was hoping I could get away with not having to buy a monitor. Will all of this mess with the maximum weight capacity?

To communicate back and forth use the reply button down in the right corner as it will put a red number next to the flag in the gary bar.

App's, iPhones and iPads are out and cannot be used because they operate on the same wifi signal 2.4GHz as the Phantom 2 non-vision.
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_1138.jpg

Does all this come in a kit? Or will I have to purchase all of it individually? Thanks for helping me by the way. I have been doing all kinds of research and getting nowhere! My messages aren't coming out right?? I hit the reply to the right of the text box

Anything else I need to get?

Attachments

• 1461338735339.jpg
    1461338735339.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 451
  • 1461338753395.jpg
    1461338753395.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 458
Does all this come in a kit? Or will I have to purchase all of it individually? Thanks for helping me by the way. I have been doing all kinds of research and getting nowhere! My messages aren't coming out right?? I hit the reply to the right of the text box

What the reply button does is to quote you question an d answers just like it does in this thread above.

Two of the manufactures (Boscam & Flysight) have kits but sometimes you better off price wise buying separately from other dealers. Doing research is fine but just remember you're looking for 5.8GHz equipment for a FPV system.

You asked about weight. Well the basic weight of the P2 is 1000 grams with battery and mine weighs in at 1358 grams. The weight of mine consists of DJI H3-3D gimbal, mini iOSD (inside the shell), interference board (inside the shell), hero 4 camera and video transmitter/antenna. Yours will probably be closer to 1290 grams.
IMG_1144.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg

Anything else I need to get?

You will only need the transmitter and not the receiver if you buy the monitor as it is a diversity monitor/receiver with battery and sun hood.

Since this is a used P2 have you downloaded the assistant software for both the RC controller as well as the P2? If not use the following link to download that info Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight You will need that software to make any adjustments to to both the controller and P2.

If your P2 firmware isn't up to date it's up to you whether or not to update. Personally I would download the Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.6 and make that decision later. As you can see I haven't as it's a per

Upgrade Page_02.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for that link I will do that. Do I have to use a pc to do that? Again sorry for my ignorance.. I'm literally 24 hours into being an owner. I see what your saying about the reciever. I saw it had a built in one. What is the mini iosd and interference board?

What is that thing that is taped to the base? I updated my controller and phantom like you advised. Again thanks for your help! Will I need a wifi extender?

Attachments

• 1461376213263.jpg
    1461376213263.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 417
Thank you for that link I will do that. Do I have to use a pc to do that? Again sorry for my ignorance.. I'm literally 24 hours into being an owner. I see what your saying about the reciever. I saw it had a built in one. What is the mini iosd and interference board?

No you can use a Mac just download the DMG version of the software.

What is that thing that is taped to the base? I updated my controller and phantom like you advised. Again thanks for your help! Will I need a wifi extender?

That gray cable was for a DJI Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal but since you are using an aftermarket gimbal it's not necessary and can be removed from inside the shell.

No there's no need for a wifi extender since you cannot use WIFI.

Gotcha! So I ordered the transmitter, the monitor with the built in receiver and the mounting setup for that controller and screen. I updated all that software and have been watching videos of how to install all the goodies I have coming in the mail! I would be unbelievably lost right now if it wasn't for you.. I can't thank you enough!

Gotcha! So I ordered the transmitter, the monitor with the built in receiver and the mounting setup for that controller and screen. I updated all that software and have been watching videos of how to install all the goodies I have coming in the mail! I would be unbelievably lost right now if it wasn't for you.. I can't thank you enough!

You might consider ordering a DJI mini iOSD also. That module will give you all the telemetry such battery, #of satellites, altitude, distance and speed just to name a few displayed on the screen along with the video. Because you're using an aftermarket gimbal there is no need for the interference board. I installed the iOSD inside the shell see the attached photo. You might have to hard (solder) wires to get power to the video transmitter will just have to wait till all the equipment is in.

By the way where do you live?

IMG_5551.jpg

Does the iOSD replace something else in there or do I use it along with the rest? I kept seeing it in videos but I thought it was just a different brand of transmitter. I'm such a newb! It's a really fun hobby to start. I'm in a category a no fly zone.. I saw that map and I'm like 1/2 mile away from the outside range.. but not in the red inner circle

I live in northern Kentucky. What about yourself? And by hard soldering do you mean just attaching the bare wires together?

Does the iOSD replace something else in there or do I use it along with the rest? I kept seeing it in videos but I thought it was just a different brand of transmitter. I'm such a newb! It's a really fun hobby to start. I'm in a category a no fly zone.. I saw that map and I'm like 1/2 mile away from the outside range.. but not in the red inner circle

No the iOSD do not replace anything but the video signal from the camera has to be routed through the iOSD then to the transmitter. So some wires will have to be solder together as I don't think there's a plug n play cable made for your setup although you may be able to modify this cable to connect to the cameras USB connector.

P'n'P cable for DJI Phantom 2 connecting iOSD Mini with ImmersionRC fat shark

To modify this cable you would have cut the yellow/black wire at the CAM socket and connect the video output from the USB on the camera to those wires.

If the airport has a tower the NFZ is five miles and without it's 3 miles.

When you get all the equipment in and need help I'll post a number in your PM ( personal messages). You will see a red # next to envelope to the right of your screen name.

You are amazing jason. You have no reason to put all this effort in to help a stranger like you have I can't thank you enough.. and yes I will let you know when I get it. The transmitter and monitor will be in tomorrow and I ordered the mount for my controller late last night so I won't get that til monday. I'm gonna order the isod also but I want to make sure I can get everything to work properly before I throw more money in. So if it works tomorrow night I'm gonna be on amazon immediately ordering it. I need to get a damp 2mm hex screwdriver to be able to even get the Phantom opened. Also need to get some type of adhesive strip to attach the transmitter.if soldering just means attaching the bare wires together than I don't mind.. seems easier than what you were saying is the alternative

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20