Can't connect Android to vision ... yes I have searched

Reaction score
I watched several you tube videos and searched the threads . I continuously get " phantom connection broken "

Sometimes whenever I try to bind it says repeater connection failed . Sometimes whenever it connects and says bind successfully I immediately go to camera and it says the same message .

I have plugged it in to the computer and everything is up to date .

I am using a galaxy S3 and I have made the adjustment in Wi-Fi settings so it doesn't switch between Wi-Fi systems

Any ideas ? Is my repeater bad ?

jaysan said:

Could very well be. Could also be the camera. But before you throw either out, a few questions...

When you say "bind", do you mean just linking the app to the Phantom at start up? Or do you mean you're actually trying to perform the full binding process as shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7FsdCPrEeU ?

If you're just talking about connecting the app at start up, you might try doing a full rebind.

What firmware are you running on the Phantom? And have you updated the firmware on the camera to match?

Does the camera's green light stay on, or go out?

And do you get the green status flash on the repeater?

ProfessorStein said:
jaysan said:

Could very well be. Could also be the camera. But before you throw either out, a few questions...

When you say "bind", do you mean just linking the app to the Phantom at start up? Or do you mean you're actually trying to perform the full binding process as shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7FsdCPrEeU ?

If you're just talking about connecting the app at start up, you might try doing a full rebind.

Yes I did exactly what that video said . Except I have an Android

What firmware are you running on the Phantom? And have you updated the firmware on the camera to match?

Main controller firmware 3.04

Does the camera's green light stay on, or go out?

Stays green

And do you get the green status flash on the repeater?

Solid green on power and system erratic green . Blinks randomly

jaysan said:
I watched several you tube videos and searched the threads . I continuously get " phantom connection broken "

Sometimes whenever I try to bind it says repeater connection failed . Sometimes whenever it connects and says bind successfully I immediately go to camera and it says the same message .

I have plugged it in to the computer and everything is up to date .

I am using a galaxy S3 and I have made the adjustment in Wi-Fi settings so it doesn't switch between Wi-Fi systems

Disable mobil data on the phone, then it works :!:

Yeah I did that lol . Ugh well my buddy and I plan to swap repeaters so we'll see if that is the issue

i have the phantom 2 vision, i had the same problem. I upgraded the camera firmware, phantom firmware, updated the app to the newest version. I had the switch on wifi on the camera. Still nothing. Broken connection kept coming up. BUT... i had a new SD card in the slot. I pulled the SD card out and put another new card in the camera, with the power off, repowered the phantom and bam... i had FPV on the app. I don't think anything was wrong with the other card i think the connections werent good in the cameras SD slot. Try that..

Marsfalcon said:
i have the phantom 2 vision, i had the same problem. I upgraded the camera firmware, phantom firmware, updated the app to the newest version. I had the switch on wifi on the camera. Still nothing. Broken connection kept coming up. BUT... i had a new SD card in the slot. I pulled the SD card out and put another new card in the camera, with the power off, repowered the phantom and bam... i had FPV on the app. I don't think anything was wrong with the other card i think the connections werent good in the cameras SD slot. Try that..

Tried 3 different cards ( 64 gig , 8 gig , 2 gig )

Didn't work . I am getting annoyed with this thing . Lol

RamDez said:
I am having the same issues now.
Tried with both an iPhone and my Galaxy and both do not connect. The repeater light is flashing on and off .......... clues please.

Try the manual V1.18 - chapter 14.9, that should solve the problem.

I had this same issue, tried everything you did still no luck. Then I made a flow chart to log all of the settings I tried so I would not repeat or forget any. Well, it seems if I have the camera on wifi at startup I get no connection, BUT, if I turn on the repeater and the bird 1st, wait for the bird's slow green, then turn on the wifi on the camera I connect just fine every time. (takes 25-30 sec) As I have a Rotorpixel and installed it the same time as I upgraded the firmware to 3.04 I don't know if it is the gimbal or the firmware, or both not working well together.

I flew my Phantom 2 vision last night and was using the FPV and i didnt have any card in the SD slot. Sooo, the SD card had nothing to do with my FPV issue. It must have been just a coincidence. When i fixed my connection broken problem i had another P2V next to me to swap out stuff till i made it work. I did replace the extender and re-binded it. So far so good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1