Can't connect after camera repaired

Reaction score
Alright I need your help everyone before I throw this turd in the garbage. I'm so frustrated with my P3S. I crashed a little over a month ago. It bent the gimbal arm and caused the camera to be crooked. I flew like this just fine, just had to reset the gimbal before each flight. I finally had enough and sent it out to be repaired. It took a month to repair. I JUST got the gimbal back and was very excited to fly it. Installed it, took it outside, and..... Nothing, no picture. The app won't connect even though I have phantom WiFi. The bird can fly and move the camera with the wheel. I tried relinking even though I could still fly. I want this fixed. I've searched and searched and searched. A LOT of people have had the exact problem but I haven't been able to find a solution. PLEASE, can someone help?

Alright I need your help everyone before I throw this turd in the garbage. I'm so frustrated with my P3S. I crashed a little over a month ago. It bent the gimbal arm and caused the camera to be crooked. I flew like this just fine, just had to reset the gimbal before each flight. I finally had enough and sent it out to be repaired. It took a month to repair. I JUST got the gimbal back and was very excited to fly it. Installed it, took it outside, and..... Nothing, no picture. The app won't connect even though I have phantom WiFi. The bird can fly and move the camera with the wheel. I tried relinking even though I could still fly. I want this fixed. I've searched and searched and searched. A LOT of people have had the exact problem but I haven't been able to find a solution. PLEASE, can someone help?
Hi dam that sucs,,my p34k sometimes takes a couple on offs to get camera pic ,,it sounds like it conect cause cam moves with toggle,have u tryed on off ,,even reload re install app:)

Hi dam that sucs,,my p34k sometimes takes a couple on offs to get camera pic ,,it sounds like it conect cause cam moves with toggle,have u tryed on off ,,even reload re install app:)
Yes I tried that. Reload the app, remove and reinstall the gimbal. I tried linking too with no luck

Logan,

I suggest you to try with a new tablet/ phone. If there is no hardware problem, it will work. Many times wifi setting get messed up and it gets very difficult to get rid of them without special efforts.

Try a new tablet and report the findings.

( Don't trash your P3S please, donate it to me :) )

Logan,

I suggest you to try with a new tablet/ phone. If there is no hardware problem, it will work. Many times wifi setting get messed up and it gets very difficult to get rid of them without special efforts.

Try a new tablet and report the findings.

( Don't trash your P3S please, donate it to me :) )
I did try that with the same result. No telemetry or picture. I can fly it and adjust the camera tilt with the controller.

Oh if that's true then it's wifi system on the bird that has gone bad or cam cables are not connected properly.

Oh if that's true then it's wifi system on the bird that has gone bad or cam cables are not connected properly.
Camera wires have been connected and rechecked multiple times. I don't know how the WiFi could go bad when it flew fine and had feed/telemetry before the camera was repaired. And how my phones/tablet can connect to the WiFi.

You should have the following steps in your user manual. It may be worth checking them:

e2d39a0ff3d6243e8e66135672b403bc.jpg

You know the options now :)

Kidding...
Please forgive my curtness. I've been really excited to get it back as it took a lot longer than expected, and now I have a new problem. It's not you, it's simply my exasperation at the many examples of the exact problem with no solution.

Please forgive my curtness. I've been really excited to get it back as it took a lot longer than expected, and now I have a new problem. It's not you, it's simply my exasperation at the many examples of the exact problem with no solution.

No way, you have been so cool. Problem is with me that can't think of more to help you resolve the issue.

Reactions: loganlexow
Thank you for that. I do appreciate your help tremendously. Aside from grabbing a BFH and hitting it repeatedly I have no clue what to do. I am waiting on the vendors tech guy, but have little faith.
Yeh,there is a app someone told me about OOKLA its a wifi speed test app says if u got good or bad wifi signal in area,then you know if it bird or not ,,,hang there the awnser be here somewhere ,,;)

So I had the same exact problem that you have from start to finish, only difference is when myne crashed for the first time ever in a yr with this thing. It broke the flex strip on gimbal and so I had no pic at all after crash. I ordered a new gimbal from eBay, played 189.00 for the gimbal, got it in finally in about 3 weeks and was excited as I could be cause I knew all I had to do was hook it up. Well that dream was a piss in the wind because thgimval didn't work at all. So I took my gimbal and everything was fine but flex and yaw arm so I used the 2 and made me a new one and got very educated while doing so. Well after soooooooooooooooooooooooo many different tweaks an attempts, I finally got it to connect or got my aircraft to recognize that there was a gimbal and I needed it to connect to my phone(pic) so now I have all the telemetry and (GPS ready) can make all or any changes in settings and gimbal roll works, I JUST DONT HAVE A PIC. ITS JUST BLACK. I can actually use the maps in the go app and can fly thousands of feet away, by relying on the telemetry and rth feature, course love, home lock and ex, so still sounds like we still have the same issue even at this point, from what I've read up on, Im about 90%sure that we have to update firmware from computer straight to the aircraft and cycleibg off and back on, we should have pic, only problem is I Dont have a computer and can't figure out how to manually do this using my smart phone. If dji go doesn't let me no that I need an update using a pop up, how else can you get this done? Please help

Did you ever get your bird working again? I just replaced my camera and gimbal due to vibrations. I powered up the bird and everything and the go app says "disconnected". I rechecked the grey and black antenna connections and they're still good. I don't know what else to check.

Did you ever get your bird working again? I just replaced my camera and gimbal due to vibrations. I powered up the bird and everything and the go app says "disconnected". I rechecked the grey and black antenna connections and they're still good. I don't know what else to check.
Yes, somehow the bike button broke as well. I had to send it to Utah to fix the camera and to find the broken bind button. The camera doesn't have the same clarity it did before getting fixed, though.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Ok, I got it working! I reset the wifi to default and was able to get picture and telemetry data.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj