Can't catch a break

Reaction score
Been waiting all week so I could go down to the beach and take the P3A out on a long distance flight. We live 15 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. I looked at my app and it showed this
588ce3642809c9f2463f8c868acca8b4.jpg

So I went anyway to see if it was correct. IT WAS.

This one was looking towards the bridge that goes to Surfside Beach, Tx.
35a66062e5a0b54449f0ff6af62421fe.jpg

This one is going over the bridge.
ef06c6294182d8049d0ceeeb08d8bd18.jpg

This is on the road parallel to the water.
b7e10dd1ed6db66b21e1770984ddde28.jpg

Needless to say, we didn't take it up. My son was very disappointed. We went back home to w spot I got good open area. I took it out right at 8,000 ft and I could see the clouds rolling in so I turned it around. I was getting 36 mph on the way back and had almost 60% battery left so we played around a bit in the area we were at at a low altitude and within site so my son could get some hands on without being in beginner mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hate when that happens

Been waiting all week so I could go down to the beach and take the P3A out on a long distance flight. We live 15 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. I looked at my app and it showed this

So I went anyway to see if it was correct. IT WAS. Needless to say, we didn't take it up.
So you didn't fly just because some stupid app said that cloud cover was 88%?
Why?
I don't know whay the app programmer put in a section for cloud cover.
It has no impact on your flying.
Do you realise you can adjust the threshold values in that app so you can ignore the stupid K-index and cloud cover?

Reactions: msinger
with the p3 the only weather report you need is maybe wind The GO app looks at temps etc.

go outside,
if flags and trees are not flapping wildly---wind is good
if your fingers have not frozen yet --- temp is ok
if it is not currently raining, snowing, heavy low fog---again all good to go

fly!

go app lets you know about sats and the k thing I have never looked at ever in a year and half.

good luck and have fun flying!

So you didn't fly just because some stupid app said that cloud cover was 88%?
Why?
I don't know whay the app programmer put in a section for cloud cover.
It has no impact on your flying.
Do you realise you can adjust the threshold values in that app so you can ignore the stupid K-index and cloud cover?
I didn't fly because you couldn't see anything passed about 100 feet up and just a couple hundred feet in front of you.
I did go by my house and took it up for a flight. Just didn't feel comfortable about flying low in an unfamiliar environment. I might go down to the beach once every couple of years. I noticed quiet a few new cell towers along the way. Don't need that headache.

with the p3 the only weather report you need is maybe wind The GO app looks at temps etc.

go outside,
if flags and trees are not flapping wildly---wind is good
if your fingers have not frozen yet --- temp is ok
if it is not currently raining, snowing, heavy low fog---again all good to go

fly!

go app lets you know about sats and the k thing I have never looked at ever in a year and half.

good luck and have fun flying!

Yup. That there in my pics was low sea fog. WET. I only looked at the app to see if it was somewhat right on the weather conditions before I drove out there. Well, it might as well have said 100% cloud cover. [emoji3]
I usually do what you mentioned, if my palm trees or my neighbors flags aren't straight sideways and flapping hard, I will take it up at the park down the road or out my back yard.

This morning was -30C, -22F and with 30mph wind chill it was -48F.
My phantom pro refused to get out of bed.

We had some bad VOG and the visibility was bad, I almost didn't fly, but then the VOG clouds and sun combine to make one of the better pictures I have ever got...you never know....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj