Can't calibrate - Too much magmatic interference

Reaction score
On vacation with P3 and I could not calibrate because of error message of to much interference in open park and 95% empty parking lot. Any thoughts.

On vacation with P3 and I could not calibrate because of error message of to much interference in open park and 95% empty parking lot. Any thoughts.
Move around and find somewhere away from steel.
Your Phantom is telling you that it's detecting a magnetic influence greater than what it expects due to the earth's magnetic field.
That means there's something else nearby magnetic ... like reinforcing steel in concrete, or a buried pipe or you might be too close to a car etc.

Thanks for replies I am getting this message often at different locations where I try to fly. What is the down side?
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!
Make sure you don't have metal in your pockets. That can also throw off a calibration. If you do get a compass error in flight, you can switch to ATTI mode to stop an out of control phantom. Land as soon as possible and re-calibrate. The compass mod should be around 1500.

I found out that when I do the compass calibration I cannot wear my Apple Watch and because it causes a calibration error. I suspect that the band I have on the watch is causing the problem because of the magnetic latch that is on the watch.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Techcop50

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers