Can't Calibrate the IMU

Reaction score
Newbie here - so I have a P3P and I brought it on vacation after not using it for a few months. Get here and Remote needs firmware update and now the DJIGo app requires me to Calibrate the IMU but when I try, the buttons don't respond.

There are also no numbers for the sensors.

The camera view is working so we definitely connect, but I can't Calibrate anything.

I wasted time on the DJI help line and he said I needed min of 8 satellites but I've seen many people here say they do it inside without any.

Tips? Ideas? Dying to use it on vacation bc it would be some great shots.

I assume the RC firmware update went well, hence the prompt for an IMU calibration. Wondering if you have an older version of the go app that is stopping you from selecting the buttons.
Do the other controls work with the RC/drone when you are powered up? Usual precautions for a calibration, cold quad and a dead level surface to ensure a good calibration.

Last edited:
You don't need any satellites to calibrate the IMU. How many times have you tried to connect? Update the app too as Tevek suggests. Also there could be interference.

You don't need any satellites to calibrate the IMU. How many times have you tried to connect? Update the app too as Tevek suggests. Also there could be interference.

Sorry I should've added. I've attempted it about 5-6 times. I've updated the app and then deleted the app and reloaded it from both my phone and the iPad Pro just to try multiple options.

I've power cycled everything involved multiple times.

Sorry I should've added. I've attempted it about 5-6 times. I've updated the app and then deleted the app and reloaded it from both my phone and the iPad Pro just to try multiple options.

I've power cycled everything involved multiple times.

If you did everything you can and still not working... I will contact DJI and tell them that every option has been exhausted and nothing work. Is your phantom 3 under warranty?

Try another SD card.
Try another device cable.
Not near inteference that is affecting the package?
If it worked before you went on vacation, it has to be something simple.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1