Can't calibrate after upgrade to 3.12

Reaction score
Hi,

After performing the upgrade to 3.12 (I previously did the 3.10 upgrade and then downgraded to 3.08) I'm no longer able to calibrate the compass. After the 2nd step of the calibration, the rear LED flashes GREEN followed by THREE RED flashes and then repeats.

I'm tried the following:

Moved to different spots (though, I've always been able to calibrate in that spot)
Performed both the Basic AND the Advanced IMU calibration . Both seemed to complete properly
Power cycled the device (removed the battery as well) and controller

This is a V3 Phantom version and worked fine prior to the upgrade. Please help. Should I just go back to the old firmware somehow?

Mark

Do the calibration in the way that you turn with the quad, not the one that just the quad turn

You sure it failed? Sounds like it passed and then telling you 5 or less satellites..... working fine?

mchernis said:
Should I just go back to the old firmware somehow?
Unfortunately, you cannot roll back to an older version of 3.x after upgrading.

Mine was doing that Friday. It would flash red after trying to calibrate. I would have to cycle off & try it again. I was at a soccer field right next to a large scoreboard with the electricity running underneath. I just moved a few feet away & got it calibrated. Do not know if that had anything to do with it or just something else.

mikekilroy1074 said:
You sure it failed? Sounds like it passed and then telling you 5 or less satellites..... working fine?

I agree, it does sound like it has gone back to reporting GPS status. If the calibration failed, I believe it will go Red-Yellow-Red-Yellow. If it is showing Red/Green flashes, then that's the GPS status.

An easy way of testing this, is turn on the Phantom and leave it until it gets a GPS signal first. THEN pick it up and calibrate it. Assuming the GPS didn't get lost just at that moment it would then return to a green flashing status after calibration.

Interesting. Unfortunately, that is not it though as it claims to have 8 (sometimes 9 satellites) and only shows the green with the three red flashes immediately after trying the calibration. I tried the IMU calibration (basic and advanced) but that did not help. I did notices the compass numbers moving around a lot when doing that calibration. Is that normal?

Serves me right for installing 3.12 on a copter that was working perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers