Can't believe that these Solo guys give us a hard time

If GoPro ever comes out with a camera with a decent flat lens, I would be interested in a Solo, but not before. A nice 75mm equivalent would have me sold in a heartbeat.

If 3DR really wants to show they can do something no one else can, they could build a gimbal and interface for the Sony RX100m4 and we could have 720p 960fps or 4K60 and a top quality lens.
That's why 3DR advertises an "open platform" with the SOLO. If you want these features, all you have to do is build them and you're in business!! It's just that easy! LOL!!;):p Not to mention the fact that you'd be a wealthy man.
Maybe what you're looking for is an S1000 or the Matrice but, for under 2k I don't think you'll have much luck.

I think the Sony weights about 4 times what a GoPro weighs.

So doubting you will be using that on something like a Phantom or Solo.

And have you tried any of the $90 to $140 replacement lenses for the GoPro?

I am running a 5.4 lens, no fisheye and better zoom for FPV. But it ruins it for a hand held camera. I have used it on tripod but have no flytime with it yet.

If GoPro ever comes out with a camera with a decent flat lens, I would be interested in a Solo, but not before. A nice 75mm equivalent would have me sold in a heartbeat.

If 3DR really wants to show they can do something no one else can, they could build a gimbal and interface for the Sony RX100m4 and we could have 720p 960fps or 4K60 and a top quality lens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl