cant belief it

Reaction score
Dear anybody.

I have just purchased a DjI P3 advance. It handled very well the first two days I flew it . Today I took it onto the beach to fly it and in a very open area .I calibrated it and it showed it was safe to fly . I had full battery and took off at 3 metres it held a hover for 30 seconds then I flew to the left for 10 metres and it dropped out of the sky . It didn’t hover
there were no obstructions and no metal objects in the area. The plane fell on rocks and the engines are broken and the camera broke off . What can have caused this ? any ideas as I am devastated this could happen without warning ! There was no warning signal or erratic movements of the plane. I would like to speak to someone if possible as it had been operating so well and I am afraid that if I will replace it how can I avoid the happening again ?
Regards freeky

I also just had mine fall out of the sky.... I am wondering if the battery lost connection or was not installed all the way in. No warning, just lost connection and found it on the ground. Have flown it many times. Does anyone know if just the drone it self could be purchased? No batteries or remote needed...

Can DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone only be purchased? No batteries or remote... Should be much cheaper then the whole package.

Can DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone only be purchased?
You can buy just the aircraft body from DJI. However, it'll be less expensive to buy a new P3A and sell your existing P3A for parts. If you choose to get a replacement aircraft body, keep in mind that you'll void your DJI warranty if you replace it yourself.

I know exactly what happened. You flew it at a beach where there are sands. You obviously got sands in the motors causing it to seized and drop. Sorry about your loss. I would contact DJI to see what they can do for you. Perhaps they will offer 30% discount. Don't buy just the bird, get the whole package. Sell your old RC for $300 or keep it as a spare.

You flew it at a beach where there are sands. You obviously got sands in the motors causing it to seized and drop.
That's certainly a fair assumption. Motors don't normally seize up like that. If that's what happened, I don't think DJI is going to cover anything.

Dear anybody.

I have just purchased a DjI P3 advance. It handled very well the first two days I flew it . Today I took it onto the beach to fly it and in a very open area .I calibrated it and it showed it was safe to fly . I had full battery and took off at 3 metres it held a hover for 30 seconds then I flew to the left for 10 metres and it dropped out of the sky . It didn’t hover
there were no obstructions and no metal objects in the area. The plane fell on rocks and the engines are broken and the camera broke off . What can have caused this ? any ideas as I am devastated this could happen without warning ! There was no warning signal or erratic movements of the plane. I would like to speak to someone if possible as it had been operating so well and I am afraid that if I will replace it how can I avoid the happening again ?
Regards freeky
try ALLTRONIX.ORG ghey sell insurance i would be interested in the remote for parts

Same thing happened to mine. It was five months old I sent it in and told them what happened they sent me a new one. It almost acted like it lost battery power or something like that.

One time I was flying and received a battery failure warning. I landed and upon inspection the battery wasn't put in gppd

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wouldnt leap to the sand seizing motor theory as the probable explanation. To say this is exactly what haooened is ridiculous. Possible for aans to be an issue yes but seized motor wouldnt have flown sideways as described.

Did you loose connection before impact?

Did the video abruptly stop before inpact?

Was the bird still powered on after the crash.

Some beach sands have been suggested to cause bad compass calibrations. Contain magnetic elements.

I would suggest you upload your foight log to healtjy drones and share the link here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20