can't activate

Reaction score
I replaced the main board in my P3P and the DJIgo app is telling me to "Activate Aircraft".
I cannot get the DJIgo to go to an activation screen. When I first installed and ran it for the first time(with original board) it did not ask to activate and it would arm so I assume the old board had already been activated.
I have tried 3 different mobile devices, unplugged and re plugged the cable many times, removed app and reinstalled and no way will it allow me to activate.
Can someone please steer in in the right direction
Thanks

I replaced the main board in my P3P and the DJIgo app is telling me to "Activate Aircraft".
I cannot get the DJIgo to go to an activation screen. When I first installed and ran it for the first time(with original board) it did not ask to activate and it would arm so I assume the old board had already been activated.
I have tried 3 different mobile devices, unplugged and re plugged the cable many times, removed app and reinstalled and no way will it allow me to activate.
Can someone please steer in in the right direction
Thanks

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue. Replaced ESC controller from my crashed P3A.

I actually got an ESC (part 96) of a Phantom 3 Professional, and in my case my camera is broken and I wanted to fix it separately (after trying just to fly the drone without gimbal, to start).

Connecting via DJI Go, when I try to arm the motors I get a warning on the screen "activate aircraft". I uninstalled the DJI Go app, reinstalled it, logged in, it didn't ask to activate anything and when I try to start the motors I get again the "activate aicraft" warning in yellow... ideas?

Last edited:
I am not sure if my fix will work for you but worth a try.
I had replaced the camera gimbal cable with a cheap one,,,I was having intermittent problems with the camera so I bought a DJI gimbal cable and the first time I powered it on it went right to the Activation Screen..
Good Luck,
Julian

There is a flight controller parameter (flyc_param) which overrides such issues. But I don't think we have any application which would allow easily changing these parameters.

Anyway, activation status is stored in the flight controller (main controller) at the center of ESC board, so it makes sense that replacing the board with new one would cause the AC to not be activated anymore.

I am not sure if my fix will work for you but worth a try.
I had replaced the camera gimbal cable with a cheap one,,,I was having intermittent problems with the camera so I bought a DJI gimbal cable and the first time I powered it on it went right to the Activation Screen..
Good Luck,
Julian

I see, so even if there are youtube videos showing that it's possible to fly a drone without gimbal (e.g. after crash) this is only possible if the aircraft is activated... and to activate it one must have a working gimbal and working camera?

I also ordered a gimbal repair kit from aliexpress including the ribbon cable and the rotating gimbal part, I really hope that once connected it will work.

Eventually can you share where did you buy the original gimbal cable in case I'll have also intermittent problems like you? I bought the ESC controller on ebay, maybe you too, in case share the link to the ebay seller shop so I may order from the same. Thank you.

There is a flight controller parameter (flyc_param) which overrides such issues. But I don't think we have any application which would allow easily changing these parameters.

Anyway, activation status is stored in the flight controller (main controller) at the center of ESC board, so it makes sense that replacing the board with new one would cause the AC to not be activated anymore.

Thx for the reply, yes it makes sense it's not activated, pity I can't override that easy or at least activate even in this broken status without working gimbal: I would have really liked at least to arm the motors and see if the spin... and a short flight after IMU calibration etc. so instead I have to wait for the gimbal repair kit :-/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl