Can't activate Go 4 with my P4

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I have recently purchased a P3P and P4. I wanted to get them activated and registered for warrantee purposes. So, I put both Go 3 and Go 4 apps on my iPad Mini 4 cellular. The other day I was able to get my P3P activated, named, and got the notice that my P3P had been activated and my warrantee was now in effect. I continued and set some basic settings.

Today, I am trying to do the same with my P4 using Go 4. I can't get the activation process started. It just goes into the app for me to set up my settings. I had already completed the Assistant process to get everything calibrated. My main concern is to get the Go 4 and P4 activated and registered. I keep trying over and over and can't get activate to appear. The same thing happened with my P3P but after a few tries the activation screen appeared, and I got it done.

I hope you can help me determine what I'm doing wrong, so I can get this completed today.

Thank you very much for replies.

Terry

Reactions: Amazeme
Today, I am trying to do the same with my P4 using Go 4. I can't get the activation process started. It just goes into the app for me to set up my settings.
If you can get into the camera view section of the DJI GO app, then your Phantom is already activated.

I'm thinking that the P4 app is for the P4 pro .
The P4 can currently be used with both DJI GO and DJI GO 4. DJI recommends using DJI GO 4 though. It's a good idea too since DJI is not going to be adding new P4 features to DJI GO (3).

Reactions: Amazeme
try and use the DJI Go app for the P3. I'm thinking that the P4 app is for the P4 pro .

I will try that next, today. Although, P4 can use either of the Go apps, but P4P the Go 4 only.
try and use the DJI Go app for the P3. I'm thinking that the P4 app is for the P4 pro .

Well, I tried it on Go 3 with the same results. I was ready to fly but could not activate. Oh well.
Thanks for the idea.
Terry

If you can get into the camera view section of the DJI GO app, then your Phantom is already activated.

The P4 can currently be used with both DJI GO and DJI GO 4. DJI recommends using DJI GO 4 though. It's a good idea too since DJI is not going to be adding new P4 features to DJI GO (3).

Great! I was starting to wonder about that. So I not going to worry about anything, and fine tune my settings, the fly and shoot video! About time. You have been a great help through the process.
Terry

Hello,
As I set all of my settings in Go 4, or change something later, do I reboot my drone or controller to make sure the changes are saved?
Thank you,
Terry

I will try that next, today. Although, P4 can use either of the Go apps, but P4P the Go 4 only.

Well, I tried it on Go 3 with the same results. I was ready to fly but could not activate. Oh well.
Thanks for the idea.
Terry
Hi did u get sorted,,i can run both dji and djigo4 from samung tablet,

Hello,
As I set all of my settings in Go 4, or change something later, do I reboot my drone or controller to make sure the changes are saved?
Yes, you could do that to verify the settings have been remembered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl