Cant activate custom channel

Reaction score
Hi

New to the forums (been lurking for weeks) and thought i should pop by and ask a question.

I installed the channel hack on my iPad after i updated to 1.4 in the bird. The bird was brand new out of the box and havent flown a meter.

I can see 32 channels and i can see the auto and custom "boxes" in the Go-app but i cant chose custom or chose a channel manually.

What am i missing?

I reinstalled the hack and got asked if i wanted to replace the file which i did.

Cheers

Is your Phantom powered up and connected when you try?

Ofc, i can see what channel in on, i can se the interference on bad channels. I can see the dialogue for customchoice but its greyed out so i cant chose it.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443034337.931208.jpg

Are you in one of the countries that allows a custom selection?

I have no idea. Im in Sweden. Is there a list or something where this can be sorted out?

Reactions: JoBe
I have no idea. Im in Sweden. Is there a list or something where this can be sorted out?

Try this
1) Disconnect and power down your aircraft and RC
2) Shut down the DJI GoAPP
3) In your iPad's settings change the location setting to US.
4) Reboot iPad (shutdown and restart)
5) Connect iPad to RC
6) Power up RC
7) Power up aircraft (remember to remove props for safety)

You should be able to see/select the channel now.

The aircraft knows were its at in the world and sets up certain configs based on its location - but unless changed in the new firmware changing you "smart" devices location should allow you to change the channel etc....

Reactions: JoBe
Channels 15 to 32 what are they used for in civil applications ? Anyone

Channels 15 to 32 what are they used for in civil applications ? Anyone

A channel number is an arbitrary number that has assigned to a frequency for logical naming. In the case of 802.11XX in the US since a standard was set on the frequency allocation for the ISM band - a logical number representing the actual frequency was applied. EX. CH1 = 2.412GHz, CH6 = 2.437GHz, CH11=2.462GHx Etc...... Note 22MHz spacing. So since its adaption manufactures of 802.11xx equipment have keep the same logical channel numbers to make it simple on end users.

So as long as the product DJI submitted to the FCC for review operates in the frequency range that they applied for - this case the ISM band they can call the channels any number they want because its the actual frequency thats regulated not an arbitrary channel number.

So back to your question - we would need to know what frequency DJI assigned to those channel numbers - To identify what part of the 2 GHz band they are operating in.

In the States
ISM bands for unlicensed communication equipment 2.400 to 2.4835GHz

Licensed communication equipment
Amateur radio operators have privilege on 2.300-2.310GHz and 2.390-2.450GHz

If I taking a wild guess I would say the transceiver would/is capable of transmitting out of of the unlicensed ISM band. A spectrum analyzer capable of coving the frequencies in and out of band would reveal the answer real quick.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
A channel number is an arbitrary number that has assigned to a frequency for logical naming. In the case of 802.11XX in the US since a standard was set on the frequency allocation for the ISM band - a logical number representing the actual frequency was applied. EX. CH1 = 2.412GHz, CH6 = 2.437GHz, CH11=2.462GHx Etc...... Note 22MHz spacing. So since its adaption manufactures of 802.11xx equipment have keep the same logical channel numbers to make it simple on end users.

So as long as the product DJI submitted to the FCC for review operates in the frequency range that they applied for - this case the ISM band they can call the channels any number they want because its the actual frequency thats regulated not an arbitrary channel number.

So back to your question - we would need to know what frequency DJI assigned to those channel numbers - To identify what part of the 2 GHz band they are operating in.

In the States
ISM bands for unlicensed communication equipment 2.400 to 2.4835GHz

Licensed communication equipment
Amateur radio operators have privilege on 2.300-2.310GHz and 2.390-2.450GHz

If I taking a wild guess I would say the transceiver would/is capable of transmitting out of of the unlicensed ISM band. A spectrum analyzer capable of coving the frequencies in and out of band would reveal the answer real quick.
Thank u TX if u find out the frequencies pls do let me know. I want to find the ones with the less interference. Not the interference that the app tool is showing but statisticaly what are the less busy feq channels. Now i am using 32 my gues is that is nearer the 3Ghz band that it is withing 802.11n or ac limits.

Reactions: JoBe and Mr.Spock

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31