Cannot update Firmware on Controller

Reaction score
Firmware update . . . need help!

I was able to upgrade the firmware on my P3P aircraft and batteries. However, when I try to update my controller...nothing. I've tried both ways...by having the Micro-SD card in the aircraft and using my USB to Microport cable...nothing. Tried putting the SD card (w/adapter) into the controller and nothing. No blue flashing light, etc.

Did I screw something up?

On another note, I cannot understand why my DJI Go app does not have the Intelligent modes such as 'Follow Me' and the one where it'll lock on Home.

I saw an online YouTube tutorial saying if it's disconnected during the process it could be disastrous needing to go back to the manufacturer sometimes. I only removed the cable because it wasn't even downloading or going through an update process. After that I made sure all units were off

when I try to update my controller...nothing. I've tried both ways...by having the Micro-SD card in the aircraft and using my USB to Microport cable...nothing. Tried putting the SD card (w/adapter) into the controller and nothing. No blue flashing light, etc.
Try following my instructions here.

I cannot understand why my DJI Go app does not have the Intelligent modes such as 'Follow Me' and the one where it'll lock on Home.
Those modes were added in firmware version 1.4.

Try following my instructions here.

Those modes were added in firmware version 1.4.
But I've just upgraded all firmware and have the current ones. So if it was added in 1.4 and I'm beyond that version, why wouldn't it have carried over. Knowing that information is informative but still doesn't tell me HOW to get those features on my app. Do I go back and 'downgrade' to 1.4? I'm confused..

Reactions: MacMan3409
But I've just upgraded all firmware and have the current ones. So if it was added in 1.4 and I'm beyond that version, why wouldn't it have carried over. Knowing that information is informative but still doesn't tell me HOW to get those features on my app. Do I go back and 'downgrade' to 1.4? I'm confused..

Also, since posting this I was able to upgrade the controller as well so all firmware is up-to-date. The problem, I guess, was connecting to my Internet as that was the message I was getting.

Knowing that information is informative but still doesn't tell me HOW to get those features on my app.
You need to be running firmware 1.4 (or higher) and the latest version of DJI GO. You'll then be able to access the IOC settings like this:

DJI-GO-IOC-Menu-P3.png

The firmware version numbers are displayed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
Just bought a Phantom 3 Pro. Charged battery and turned it and controller on. Controller did some firmware update via WIFI. I went to DJI and downloaded latest update for aircraft. Updated and got "success" message. Tried to manually update controller to get the "success" message but nothing happens. Is that because the controller already updated via WIFI. I'm just trying to verify both the aircraft and controller are running the same firmware update? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tried to manually update controller to get the "success" message but nothing happens. Is that because the controller already updated via WIFI.
It's most likely because you cannot manually install it. The remote controller firmware must be installed from DJI GO if the current version is newer than 1.3.2. If you see 1.6 for the remote controller in the "About" section of DJI GO, then you're running the current version.

It is version 1.6.0. I just checked it. Thanks for the info msinger.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31