Cannot Update Controller/Transmitter

Reaction score
Hi Forum,

I have successfully updated my P3A to the latest firmware but really struggling to update the controller. I have copied the .bin file over to a usb drive, plugged it into the back TX and powered on and nothing happens, just all led light up with 1 solid red with no blue light to be seen.

I have also tried connecting it to the bird but that hasn't worked either.

Any ideas at all, have been trying for 4 hours :( ?

Have you tried doing it via the app?

Also, there are several threads about this already, have a look.

I didn't think it was possible to update via the app, do you have a link? Also, it says that my firmware is 1.2.8+, is this the Phantom or the controller? Thanks for your reply btw.

I have also tried to update by just connecting the controller to the phantom, turning the phantom on and then the controller but all i get is a green light followed shortly by a continuous, solid, screech (beep) from the gimbal.

Reactions: King Luff
Instructions to install it via the DJI GO app can be found here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065

Try installing the firmware on the remote controller again. Format your memory card and copy the firmware to it again if it cannot be installed via the DJI GO app. If you see the red light and continuous beep, then let it go for 15 or so minutes and see what happens.
Worked, thanks so much for your help.

Did you run into the red light and continuous beep again?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20